Sunday, March 3, 2019

NEST Black Tulip Eau De Parfum Review



A couple of weeks back I bought a sampler pack of Nest perfumes. It came with 6. I've never been much into the Samplers but it was such a good deal I really couldn't pass it up. I got six of the mini's for $22. 

Nest claims:
lack amber plum is nuanced by the aroma of patchouli, pink pepper, and Japanese violet.

Notes: Black Amber Plum, Pink Pepper, Japanese Violet, Indonesian Jasmine, Patchouli

Style: Seductive. Alluring. Provocative.


I have a thing for perfumes and fragrances with "Black" or "Dark" in it. So I had high hopes for this. 

And at first smell and the first day I wore it...it had me. It reminds me of Victor and Rolfe Flower bombe-except this is fruitier. Floral or Fruity with a bit of Patchouli to make it mysterious and more night time. Unfortunately I wasn't very much into Flowerbombe. As I kept wearing it, I found I didn't really like it that much.

Reviews I've read seem to think it smells like Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst. I loved that scent...and actually don't think they are very similar.

I think these type of scents just don't go with my chemistry but even when I'm not wearing it and I take a whiff I don't really like it. 

The lasting power is decent. I get at least ten hours of wear. It's not super strong but it's still there. Since it's a little ball without a roller it's easy to apply discretely in public.

The bottle is super cute. It's simple with a sticker put on to make it look a little cooler. I love that idea. I feel like Bath and Body Works did that with their packaging a couple years ago though. Although this looks a bit better and it's a glass bottle.

The fragrances are made in the USA. And Nest also makes candles and other stuff centered around fragrances. 

I'm really glad I got the sampler. At first I was thinking I might need to go ahead and pick up the big bottle but I'm glad that I got the chance to sample it and find out I didn't like it. 

I'll finish up the sampler..it is useable. But not something I would buy again or recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment