Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream Review



 Did you know that Sally Hanse was a real person? I grew up using Sally Hansen nail polishes, mainly because that was the only thing readily accessible to me and the whole time I just thought it was a made up person. Much like how Bath and Body Works made up their founder "Kate". Most of her stuff is a miss, they don't work, Except maybe the Insta-Dri Top Coat and the Instant Cuticle Remover. I shouldn't have bought but I've been watching a lot of nail care videos and all the people with long, pretty nails always recommend cuticle oil- usually Jojoba Oil. For some reason, I am hard-headed and even though I KNOW jojoba oil would be the better buy, I still bought this. 


Sally Hansen claims:

Intensive cuticle treatment moisturizes & conditions cuticles!

GIVE YOUR CUTICLES A SPA DAY, WITH SALLY HANSEN'S CUTICLE MASSAGE CREAM™! 

Infused with Apricot Oil, it moisturizes rough cuticles and soothes painful hangnails. Rich, emollient cream absorbs quickly, helping prevent drying and cracking.
When your cuticles need care, Cuticle Massage Cream™ with Apricot Oil conditions and soothes.

Wear over color or on bare nails.
  
Made in the USA

Sally Hansen makes all kinds of stuff for the cuticles-creams, oils, sticks etc. This is one of the cheaper options. I don't think I paid more than three or four for this and I can tell you it's not worth that. 

You get a really small amount. Cuticle oils by the ounce are priced extremely high. The mark up is insane, it really is. You can really just use any oil, cream, or lotion and come out better. 

But this comes in a small plastic tub. It's the texture of a thick butter, light pink. Easy to grab, sticks where you put it. You can massage it in but then your fingers feel sticky and your nail polish looks a bit dull. 

After a few minutes your cuticle area looks moisturized. But I find this ultimately dries out or causes problems in the corners of my nails- I get something like hang nails and then I pick at it, peel it up,  it hurts,,, I have one now that feels most uncomfortable. 

I also don't notice a positive change in my nails. There are some hand creams I have applied and noticed healthier nails but my nails are as splitting and weak as ever. 

I think it's the ingredients. They are very cheap. Its main ingredients is mineral oil. One of my least favorite ingredients. There's petrolatum and dimethicone in it. It does contain Shea Butter and Apricot oils but not enough. The ingredients are plentiful and mainly junk. 

Ingredients:

AQUA/WATER/EAU, UREA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, LANOLIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE, GLYCERIN, PALMITIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, STEARIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, CETYL PALMITATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, PETROLATUM, PARAFFIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ALLANTOIN, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DISODIUM EDTA, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, MYRISTIC ACID, BENZYL BENZOATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, COUMARIN, SOLUBLE COLLAGEN, TOCOPHEROL, BENZOIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, BHT, FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (CI 15985), FD&C RED NO. 4 (CI 14700), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 (CI 19140).

Overall, I'm not a fan. Would much rather purchase the Burt's Bees one or the Badger one.

No comments:

Post a Comment