Thursday, April 13, 2023

Essence Express Nail Dry Spray Review

 I've been painting my nails a lot more and while I love painting my nails- I hate waiting for them to dry. Most top coats these days are quick dry- but there are some polishes in my collection that require layering and the more you layer the longer it all takes to dry. I usually keep a bottle of the Essence Dry Drops on hand for those polishes that seem dry, yet I wait an hour before going to sleep and still wake up with sheet marks. It prevents them entirely. So when I saw this spray, I picked up my usual bottle of the dry drops and the spray.

Essence claims:

Perfectly painted nails in seconds are no longer a dream thanks to the EXPRESS nail DRY SPRAY from essence! Simply spray the spray on the base coat, between the individual layers of the nail polish and on the top coat, wait 60 seconds each - the freshly painted fingernails are ready for use without any oil film.

    • Thanks to the EXPRESS nail DRY SPRAY, the nail polish is dry super fast
    • The spray can also be sprayed between the nail polish layers to speed up the manicure
    • Without parabens, acetone, alcohol, dye & preservatives as well as oil-free
              • Made in the Netherlands

It claims to dry the nails in 60 seconds...and I don't really think that's true. It does speed up drying and I don't have any issues with it denting or smudging. I still like to give it at least 5 minutes to really set though. And it works, it feels like a cuticle oil but less greasy. I think the dry drops are oilier feeling but it's not oily in a bad way. 

You can use it in between layers but I didn't find that necessary and didn't try it. I just want something to finish off the final layer. 

It is a spray and works really well, easy to use the nozzle and just spritz all the nails. It also has a slightly artificial melon scent but it's not too bothersome.

The problem is how fast you use it up. I don't know if I over used it but it only lasted a few weeks before it was completely gone. It's 50 ml or 1.69 oz. Since it does cost more than the drops, and doesn't last as long, I find the drops to be a better deal. 

I also think the ingredients in the dry drops are better, it has an oil or two that are good for the nails. This really has nothing, except a little Vitamin E. I also think I tend to inhale a lot of the spray and looking at the ingredients, I don't think that's a good thing with the highly flammable ingredients.

INGREDIENTS: BUTANE, PROPANE, ISOBUTANE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE).

Overall, it works and it works well but I'm going to stick with the dry drops, it takes a little longer to apply but that doesn't bother me at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment