Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Peanut Butter Blondies, Garden Tomato Soup and Lamb Kebabs

 Quick food post before I go into relax mode. I wanted to do this post over the weekend but I never actually got to my real third recipe so I have to wait for the weekend..but I don't want to delay this post until the weekend, so here we are. 

First up, Peanut Butter Blondies. I've never made Peanut Butter Blondies. I've never had Peanut Butter Blondies...so I was pretty excited for these. They were good. A little too much butter though. Not really enough Peanut Butter flavor. It came through after a couple of days. They tasted better the longer they sat. And I did really like them but it made me want Brownies. I don't think I would make this again because for me they wouldn't be worth the calories a second time, but I'm glad I tried them. You can find the recipe here. I did skip the Reese's. I forgot to pick them up...so I just used some fancy chocolate pieces I had. Maybe that's what was missing...

Mine came out a little too dark because I used the smaller oven and that always cooks things too high. They don't look that great but it's OK. You can find the recipe here. I halved it.

Then I made my favorite recipe of this post. I've only made tomato soup once and it was years ago. I really liked it, but the recipe I had is gone because the blog that had the original recipe is gone. This one uses fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and bread crumbs (what???) to get a buttery flavor. I used Panko bread crumbs because those are my favorite. This would be a very easy soup to make vegan if you use veggie stock instead of chicken stock. I used two different tomato types, Roma and Black Heirloom tomatoes because my local Lidl always has them and they have the best flavor. To go with the soup I made a grilled cheese. But not just any grilled cheese- a grilled cheese with Cheddar and Smoked Gouda cheese on Brioche Bread. Best grilled cheese I've ever had. Would make this tomato soup again and again...you can find the recipe here.


And last up...this is not a recipe. I just made Lamb Kebabs. They were already skewered/seasoned so all I really did was throw them in a skillet on my lunch break. They were so good! A little salty though. I wish I let the skillet heat more so I could see if I could get a char on them. I made zucchini and rice to go with it. Prolly could have tried to plate it better but I was in a hurry.



And that's all! Until next time of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment