Sunday, June 18, 2023

Dial Gold Anti-Bacterial Soap Review

For the past couple of weeks I have been really trying to reach 10,000 steps a day...I think there was only one day in the last two weeks I didn't and I got really, really close. Yay, me! My goal is to keep it up at least the rest of the summer....and on from there.

Dial claims:

ADVANCED CLEAN™ ANTIBACTERIAL gold bar soap. Enjoy the crisp, iconic fragrance of Dial® Gold with the confidence of round the clock odor protection. Dial® HYDRACLEAN Complex™ cleanses deep while being gentle on your skin, leaving it feeling soft & healthy.  Dermatologist tested & approved under the Leaping Bunny cruelty free program. This package contains (3) four oz Dial bar soaps.

  • Enjoy a deep clean feeling that is gentle on skin with round-the-clock odor protection for an ultimate shower experience.
  • Eliminates 99.9% of bacteria encountered in household settings. Leaves skin feeling clean, moisturized, and healthy.
  • Iconic Dial Gold fragrance. Contains (3) four oz Dial bar soaps.
  • Dermatologist tested & approved under the Leaping Bunny cruelty free program.
  • Free From: Parabens, Phthalates, Silicones, Sulfated Surfactants

I think they must have changed Dial in the past couple of years because it used to dry the mess out of my skin. Now.. not so much. That was pretty much why I avoided buying any Dial the past couple of years. Also because they don't have the best history. The OG dial contained Hexachlorophene which has since been removed since it was known to cause neurological damage in infants. Then they switched to something else that was banned a few years back. Due to that, it's not a soap I would buy again but I just picked it up because I like trying out the stuff that's been around decades and decades. 



It has the typical Dial scent. I don't really mind the scent..it's just a basic, stern (odd description but true), clean scent. Doesn't linger too much and smells kinda nice in the shower.

Otherwise it lathers well, rinses clean, and doesn't dry my skin out. 




One thing I did notice that I almost forgot to mention is how much coloring it has. When you use it there is soooo much yellow that just comes off the bar. It doesn't stain and rinses down the drain...but I think I could do without all the coloring.

Ingredients:

Active Ingredient - Purpose
Benzalkonium Chloride 0.10% ......................................... Antibacterial

Inactive Ingredients: Soap [Sodium Tallowate* · Sodium Palmate* · Sodium Cocoate* · Sodium Palm Kernelate*] · Aqua (Water, Eau) · Coconut Acid* · Palm Acid* · Palm Kernel Acid* · Tallow Acid* · Glycerin · PEG-6 Methyl Ether · Sodium Chloride · Parfum (Fragrance) · Tetrasodium Etidronate · Pentasodium Pentetate · CI 19140 (Yellow 5) · CI 45350 (Yellow 8) · CI 14700 (Red 4) · Coumarin · Butylphenyl Methylpropional · Linalool · Benzyl Alcohol · Eugenol · Hexyl Cinnamal · Citronellol
*contains one or more of these ingredients


Overall, not something I would buy again just due to the company history and not really being sure about the active ingredient..butt it was cool trying out another classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment