Sunday, June 4, 2023

Essie Apricot Nail and Cuticle Oil Review

I haven't watched The Little Mermaid yet but I have been listening to the songs all day today. Every time I hear Part of your World, I just start tearing up with joy. The Little Mermaid was my jam as a kid and I guess I just get so emotional because there wasn't a black Disney Princess when I was growing up and now we have a woman of color that gets to play Ariel. It's like my childhood dreams (that I didn't know I had) being realized. A part of me really wants to go to the theatre but another part of me isn't really a theatre person anymore and I would rather watch it in my own home- plus I don't want to be all emotional in theatre. I think I will just buy it when it finally goes on sale. 

Essie claims:

essie® apricot cuticle oil absorbs quickly to instantly condition and protect cuticles from dryness, and provide nourishing moisture.

I've really been trying to take better care of my nails and one thing all the people into nails always recommend is cuticle oil-specifically jojoba oil. The people that recommend oiling always have the prettiest nails so I finally decided to try and stick to a nail routine that involves regularly oiling.

It comes in a nail polish looking glass bottle with a plastic handle. You get a little brush that is just like a nail polish brush. It allows you to just paint it where you want it to go. It also comes in a more expensive on the go packaging that is entirely plastic- it's more travel friendly. 

The oil itself is a orange...I thought it may be colored with something natural like Sea Buckthorn Oil which would probably be amazing for cuticles but it's just coloring. It's a light, fast absorbing oil that doesn't leave your hands greasy. It has a fruity/floral apricot reminiscent scent. It's very light though and not really noticeable unless you are actively sniffing it. 

I feel like I've been using it a lot and still have a ton left, so that means a little bit goes a long way. I have noticed a difference in my cuticles. When I first started using it my cuticles were noticeably softer. The biggest difference is my nails, they are growing faster and splitting a lot less than usual. They also seem a little stronger. It's not a huge difference but noticeable and I do like the results. 

I bought mine in a drugstore here in Germany and it's made in France but if you are in the US, the Essie you buy there is made in the US.

The only problem is the price. Cuticle oil has the highest mark up one what is just plain old oils. For instance this one the main oil is Apricot which you can get for as little as 80 cents an ounce. Here you are getting mainly Apricot Oil but you are paying over $20 an ounce. It does have a bit of Jojoba, which is still nowhere near the cost of this product, and it has Vitamin E and Sunflower Oil. Still way, way overpriced. 

Ingredients:

Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum / Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Ci 75120 / Annatto, Limonene, Tocopherol Fil D220094/1

I like it and I am so happy I finally see some results with a cuticle oil but it's way overpriced for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment