Monday, June 5, 2023

Lux Naturals Peppermint Velvet Soap Review


Doesn't Peppermint Velvet sound like a cake? Or am I just thinking of Red Velvet cake. 

After googling..there is a Peppermint Velvet cake. I think I might need to add it to my list of things to make.I'm so happy I googled that! Or maybe I should make some regular Red Velvet cake. Decisions, decisions. 

Lux claims:
Tingly and refreshing peppermint.

Unfortunately the soap isn't as decadent as the name sounds. It's a muted peppermint soap. Not a blast you in the face and wake you up type of peppermint. Just a mellow, soapy peppermint. I don't think it's as refreshing as it could be...but if you want a mellow peppermint...this might do! 


The soap is red and white...but muted like the scent. I think it's because they don't use titanium dioxide and punchy colors. But I don't mind that...

It lathers nice, and it is tingly on sensitive skin. Doesn't dry my skin much and rinses clean. Most of the Lux soaps work the same.

I love the ingredients in Lux products...they always have Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, and Jojoba oil which is not a common ingredient in small soaper soaps.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Saponified- Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Castor Oil. Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Mineral Pigment.

Overall, it's an OK peppermint soap. I think if I was in the mood for a minty shower I would probably choose a punchier mint. This post talks about some of my minty faves and there are a few others I would choose over this looking through my past posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment