Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Molton Brown Flora Luminare Bath and Shower Gel Review

 Got another shower gel review today. Slowly making my way through the Molton Brown gift set. This time I went for a more feminine scent even though masculine scents kinda dominate the kit. I do really enjoy floral shower gels lately so I figured I would really like this one. 

Molton Brown claims:

A luminous, floral Bath & Shower Gel that deeply cleanses and scents skin. Inspired by the inflorescent paradise of Tahiti, discover solar notes of orange blossom, Polynesian frangipani, vanilla and musk.

The poetic promise of endless Day. Warm sunlight dancing with shadows of palm fronds on white coral sand. Welcoming armfuls of alabaster tiare blooms. Illumine your inner nature with an inflorescent paradise.

Utopian. Luminous. Solar.

Made in England

For some reason this shower gel really reminds me of The Body Shop's Moringa shower gel. Maybe because they are a similar color and both floral? From what I can remember they have the same vibe but I like this scent better. Or maybe I should give the Moringa one another sniff now that I'm older.


I don't really know how to describe the scent except a laid back, calming floral. I can't pick out any of the notes- orange blossom has been in a lot of products I've used but I don't really know how it smells. This is the first thing I've had with notes of frangipani- another new to me scent. I googled the flower though and it's gorgeous. It has vanilla and musk...I don't know if I can pick it out though. It does smell a little like baby wipes outside the shower but in a good way. First time I used it I thought it was just  Ok but it's been growing on me ever since. I really enjoy the scent. It's not a headache inducing or really loud floral. It's more calming, and nice for morning or night showers. The scent strength is low-medium. If I use a ton it has more scent power. Doesn't really linger around the bathroom too much and only stays on my skin extremely lightly- it's barely noticeable.

I use mine in a wash cloth and a quarter size does a decent lather. Probably better in a plastic puff but I don't use those. It does lather up decently, cleans really well, and rinses away easily. Also doesn't dry my skin at all. 

Packaging is nice, sturdy plastic. I'll be sure to put it in the recycle when I'm done.  

The ingredients like most shower gels aren't anything too different. They never have ingredients that are very impressive but the formula is nice. Hopefully they are using luxurious and expensive floral oils...but who knows.

Ingredients:

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laureth-7 Citrate, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Polyquaternium-7, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopherol, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Caramel.

Overall, I am really enjoying the bottle. Not sure I would repurchase it again (there are so many others to try) but if I got it in another variety/gift pack I would be happy to use it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment