Monday, September 25, 2023

Lush Oaty Creamy Dreamy Shower Cream Review

I'm so sleepy right now but I do not want to go to sleep. Usually if I go to sleep this early I just end up waking up at 3 or 4 and stay up for a few hours before I try to desperately catch another few hours of shut eye. Figured to keep myself up I would light a candle, write a post, then watch a few youtube vids or a movie. I've had this shower cream forever. It's probably expired 3x over. But still looks, feels ,and smells the same so I keep it. 

Lush claims:

Sometimes you just need to breathe a sigh of relief. If your skin is acting a little sensitive, you’re not feeling particularly confident or can’t bear to bare all, get in the shower and reach for this shower cream.

The outlook is clear as Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and organic extra virgin olive oil leave your skin softened while lavender oil and rose absolute help restore peace.

Get your confidence back with balancing chamomile blue oil and rose water as tincture of benzoin helps add a layer of protection.

Oats have a long history of being used to help ease skin conditions and with records going back to ancient Greece singing its’ praises, gentle oat milk has cooling properties to help soothe. It’s time to be the calm in the storm and get back to you.

They don't make this anymore. It's been discontinued. It went perfectly with the Dream Cream though, which I did really like. A long time ago this came in a squeeze bottle and then was changed to the tub. Which is nice because you can return the packaging to the store for a face mask.

It's a little different than just about anything else because you scoop it up. It's like a thick, thick body cream. It doesn't make a lot of lather like a body cream...barely any at all. It just goes on and feels a bit slick. Because of the lack of lather, I don't really like it. Also..I don't think it cleans the best as a whole body cleanser. It seems better as a spot cleaner on sensitive or irritated skin. Which is why I still have it. I do use it sometimes....but clearly not enough since I still have it. 

The smell is pretty similar to the Dream Cream.  It's mostly Chamomile. It has a very natural smell and seems to just smell like whatever is in it. In a good way. 

The ingredients were great though. Lots of soothing oat milk, a little rose water, cocoa butter (fairly traded), and the rare chamomile blue oil among other nice oils and butters.

Ingredients:

 Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Oat Milk, Rose Water, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lauryl Betaine, Fine Sea Salt, Titanium Dioxide, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Tincture of Benzoin, Silica, *Linalool, Perfume

Overall, I would stick with the Dream Cream for irritated skin. I didn't really like the texture or lack of lather enough to purchase it again....Would probably have been worth a sample for those with sensitive skin or other skin issues though.

No comments:

Post a Comment