Sunday, September 10, 2023

Mac Fix+ Coconut Review

 I've had these sprays for a couple of years now...and finally just occurred to me to go ahead and review them. I ended up with two because one got lost in the mail, I contacted MAC, they sent out another one...it arrived and then a few weeks later the original package showed up. A couple years back I reviewed the original..I'll probably copy and paste a lot of that original review because I'm feeling a bit lazy.

MAC claims:

A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup. This holy grail of hydrating mists can be used with other products in near-endless ways – improve the wear of makeup, or moisturize and soothe tired skin. 

Made in USA

So you get just over 3 ounces of product $27 dollars. It's not a cheap spray. And especially when you consider it is mostly glycerin and water as ingredients and you can actually make a similar spray yourself MUCH cheaper. The only problem is preservatives but you can make a small batch and refrigerate.

The scent is OK. I wasn't a big fan of the original scent, it wasn't bad but it wasn't my favorite. I feel the same about this one. I probably wouldn't buy this one again, it doesn't smell like actual coconut, but an odd imitation coconut that you aren't quite sure is supposed to be Coconut, next time I will probably pick up the Rose or the Lavender. 

Sometimes I watch the MAC videos and I see they mostly like to use it to hydrate skin before make-up. I like to use it that way.....in the winter. In the summer I find it's too hydrating and makes my skin look very oily. But in the winter when I just need something lighter to take away slight dryness, this works perfectly. It is kinda of sticky and gives my skin too much shine in the warmer months.


I notice most people I've seen use it, tend to use it as a finishing spray to settle down a powdery finish. I do like to use it that way when my skin is more on the powdery side since the dry look is never cute. It works well for that. I do disagree with the claim that it makes your makeup last longer. I've tried it with some very short wearing foundations and I don't really notice too much of a difference.

Another way I see a lot of people use it is to wet the brush to make shadow have a sort of foiled appearance. I've used it that way. It works. And it works well. But for the price I can get a cheap bottle of Visine type eyedrops to do the same. Or even use water or a cheaper drugstore spray because at the price it is, it feels like I am "wasting" it when I use it that way. So I don't tend to use it to spray the brush. But it does work well for that! Above I used it with a brush-the first swatch is dry and the second I used Fix plus on the brush.

Ingredients:
Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis  (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Coconut Fruit Extract, Algae Extract (two different types) Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Peg-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium citrate, Polydextrose, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid,  Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I do like it. I just don't know if I like it at that price tag but here I am having already repurchase and very likely to try the other scents if ever get through these.

What's your favorite make-up spray?


No comments:

Post a Comment