Friday, September 8, 2023

Abbott Crescent Beach Scented Candle Review

I found another brand to try out for candles. I think it was my goal to try at least five new brands this year.  I think I have already done that, I just haven't reviewed some of the ones I've bought. I'm currently trying to burn this one up to justify the most recent candle addition...

Abott claims:

A floral, amber and oceanic scented candle, inspired by summers spent among the flowers and breezes of Long Island, New York.

Clean + Conscious: Hand-poured in Saratoga, New York with 100% natural soy wax. PETA certified vegan and cruelty-free.

Burn time: 40 hours

Recyclability: Our jar is composed of glass and can be reused or recycled. Remove label and excess wax, rinse out glass and reuse or recycle. Recycle paper box. 

Made in USA

The list price of this candle is $42 and I can tell you it is grossly overpriced. I don't think I got this on sale....so it wasn't a smart buy for me. I think at most this candle should be $12-15 dollars. 

I mainly bought this candle because I wanted another floral candle and peony appealed to me at the time. I also tend to like amber scents. Not so much oceanic scents. I can't really smell those notes. To my nose this smells like a laundry scent. Think something along the lines of Gain. Maybe a slightly elevated Gain. 


I tend to not be a fan of laundry scented things so it wasn't my jam. Also..you can find cheaper and larger laundry scented candles for cheaper anyway. Yankee Candle Sunwashed Linen or Clean Cotton comes to mind. I think Sunwashed Linen is discontinued now but I'm sure Yankee has something similar in their current line. The only thing about those is they are paraffin candles. 

This is a soy candle. Which soy has been said to burn cleaner than paraffin. But I find most pure soy candles do not really disburse sent well. As this one doesn't until you burn it a few times. The first couple of burns I did not smell this at all. As I burned the candle down I finally got scent but it takes a little while to build up.. 

Next issue, I'm not a fan of the company. Mainly because I left an honest review on their site and it was deleted. That means it's a brand I will not ever repurchase because why delete honest reviews.

Last thing..packaging. It's a regular glass jar with a cheap sticker on it. Luxury prices, but not a luxury feeling or packaged candle. It does come in a box, but the box seems cheap to me. Like it was printed at some backyard printer. 

Also the candle is pretty small at 6.5 ounce. And the wick is too thick for the candle size which means it will soot and mushrooms very quickly. 

So as you can tell, I wasn't thrilled or happy with my purchase. I would recommend Harlem Candles or Voluspa brand candles instead. You get so much more bang for your buck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment