Thursday, September 7, 2023

Molton Brown Dark Leather Bath and Shower Gel Review

 The last Molton Brown gel of the travel/mini set I bought a few months back. I really love a try it set and wish they offered more since they have a decent line of scents. The kit had two feminine scents, one unisex, and two that were more masculine. I definitely prefer a floral, fresh, or fruity scent in the shower but I have had fun trying out scents I wouldn't typically try.

Molton Brown:

Inspired by a smoky campfire in the wilderness, this intense woody fragrance crackles with a raw yet noble power. Brisk forest pine is deepened by commanding black leather and smouldering cade, undercut by vetiver for an unexpected, refined edge. 

  • Translucent gel formula
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Bottle made from 50% recycled plastic (excluding cap)
  • Made in England

I love reading reviews before I try a product, but I couldn't find many. That's when I learned that this used to be called Russian Leather but they changed the name (for obvious reasons). This is a 3.3 ounce size that I got for about 5-6 dollars. I shop the sales. 

The gel itself is blue and gel like. It lathers nicely, rinses clean, and works just as a shower gel should. 

The scent is pretty masculine. Definitely the most prominent note is leather. And it's very recognizable as leather. It also smells like men's cologne and also has a woodiness (Cedarwood to me- website says it's pine though) but it's more subtle and sophisticated. I think the leather scent is interesting- I love the smell of leather in a new car. But I don't think it works for me in a shower gel. In fact, I generally don't love leather scents in candles etc. I think it's a nice scent (there's something about it that I love and think it would smell very nice as a cologne on a man) and most men would enjoy it (leather fans) but I definitely prefer other scents and lean more towards the fruity floral category in the shower for myself.

I didn't find this one as strong or as lingering as some of their other scents. The Rhubarb and Rose lingered around the bathroom and outside of it and just smelled wonderful for at least an hour after a shower. The scent of this is gone as soon as I step out the shower. If you use a ton it does linger on your skin- but there are others from the brand that linger better.  

Shower Gel ingredients are never something that will blow you away. There is SLS in it and a few extract good extacts. 

Ingredients 

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance/Parfum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Coco-Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Laureth-7 Citrate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Coumarin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Alcohol Denat., Blue 1/Ci 42090, Red 4/Ci 14700, Yellow 6/Ci 15985.

Now that's I've tested it out for a few days and written the review, I'll pass the rest of the bottle to my Dad. He can add it to his collection with the rest of them 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment