Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Pumpkin Pasty, Polverones, and Sweet Potato Chicken Burgers

 Been cooking again...I have been in the kitchen lately. Luckily a lot of baking recipes. I get a lot of joy and stress relief from baking so it was alright with me. Much needed stress relief.



We'll start with Pumpkin Pasties. I made a recipe for this before when I was cooking from a cute blog that made all the stand out dishes from your favorite movies/shows/books. Unfortunately that blog is gone now. I used to read the Harry Potter books and wonder what all the goodies he described tasted like. Back then it never occurred to me to try and make them. And here I am making my second pumpkin pasty recipe. In the UK, pumpkin is made in a more savory way. The US likes it sweet. This recipe is sweet. So basically pumpkin pie in a hand format. Back then I used fresh pumpkin. I didn't feel like doing all that for the small amount of pumpkin needed so I used canned. The secret to canned is cooking it a little before you use it to take out the canned taste. Then it's good to go! These were actually very good. And that's coming from a non-pumpkin fan. I'm all about sweet potato but I would make this again. The crust was perfectly flaky and kinda reminds me of biscuits. One day I am going to have a Harry Potter themed tea party and would 100% make these! 

Next up, Polvorones! Mexican Wedding Cookies. I made a half batch of these...and kinda wish I made the whole batch. They were so good. Very sweet so would be perfect with some black coffee or a cup of tea. Very lightly cinnamon like. I added some vanilla bean and extra vanilla extract to make them extra good. So easy. And they came out extra crumbly. You can see the cinnamon turned the powdered sugar brown. I probably could have taken a better picture.


And last up, Sweet Potato Chicken Burgers. I wasn't so sure about this recipe because I made a few substitutions. I swapped Turkey for Chicken and Spinach for Arugula and left out the bacon  to suit us better. I also dragged out the Food Processor. I've been using it a lot lately and it really does come in handy. It chopped up the sweet potato very quickly..also the onions and arugula. These burgers really came together in a snap. After mixing them up in the processor I just cooked them into patties. They made amazing chicken burgers! Great flavor, extremely healthy, and easy to make. The landlord gave us some fresh tomatoes (best ones I have ever had). I was tempted to make some pasta sauce and make them into meatballs. Loved this recipe! I probably could hav taken better pics of the burger....whoops.


Now I'm off to grab the rest of those cookies and relax...


No comments:

Post a Comment