Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly Review




 I've had this page open for at least an hour now but keep on getting distracted. But I need to get this post done so I can go on and try to get a workout in. I am really feeling the laziness though....

Curls claims:

Formulated with certified organic blueberry extract, and raw castor oil, to provide the ultimate curl definition, with volume and frizz control. Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly provides the ultimate curl definition, with volume and frizz control. Use when styling wash and go’s, twist out, braid out and roller sets! 

I bought this with a leave in conditioner thinking I would use them together....like they would be an unstoppable pair. But that's not what happened. 


It's a relatively thick gel that smells a little like the blue icee they sold in the mall.  I haven't had one in years and almost bought the frozen one they sell in the freezer section of the grocery store. I ended up putting it back though, I just know it won't be as good as the one in the mall and would ruin my memories. But back to the control jelly...it smells nice but the smell is light and does not linger. The gel itself is thick and it has a little bit of curl defining hold but you get a lot of shrinkage and it's a little drying .




I tried it in a twist out and didn't really like the way my hair looked. It looked like it was a bit curl defining but it was more frizzy than I anticipated. I even used the leave-in along with it as I was braiding it out.

I like the ingredients...it has some interesting ones like blueberry extract. It also has goodies like castor oil, aloe juice, keratin, silk acids, panthenol, shea butter, mango butter, argan oil, evening primrose, jojoba, and Vitamin E. It's just too bad that all those great ingredients didn't do much for my hair.

Ingredients:

Water, Sorbitol, Polyacrylate-14, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Certified Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Certified Organic Blueberry Leaf Extract, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Certified Organic Shea Butter, Certified Organic Mango Seed Butter, Certified Organic Argan Oil, Certified Organic Evening Primrose, Jojoba Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Citric Acid

Overall, I just wasn't impressed enough to buy it again. 


UPDATE- I do like it as a wash and go now. It does add a nice bit of definition to my hair. I just have to make sure to use a hydrating leave in conditioner before I apply this. I just take a blob and rub it into my hands and rub lightly through my hair. Then I shake my hair a bit. Dries defined and not dry looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment