Thursday, June 22, 2023

Curls Lavish Curls Moisturizer/Daily Leave In Review

 I've been meaning to write a post for the last few days but got a little obsessed with the missing Titan sub AND the Titanic so I spent hours and hours listening to news reports and then watching Titanic. It really boggles my mind that anyone would pay a quarter of the million dollars to go in an unsafe/untested sub to visit a graveyard that should not be a tourist destination. Especially after hearing how the CEO of the company sounding so dismissive/cavalier about safety....but it is what it is. I also did my usually googling of Titanic related stuff- like how much a ticket would cost, why they only half filled the life boats, and a ton of other things I wonder every time I look up the Titanic because I forget. 

But back to the leave in...

Curls claims:

The product every curly girl needs – a daily hair moisturizer to refresh, rehydrate, and reactivate her dry curls after a long night’s rest – without shampooing. Lavish curls moisturizer will give life back to dry and lifeless curls in a snap. 

The first thing I noticed was the watery texture and how it's not a mist or an easy to use spray because it sprays out in stream rather than something you can spray directly in your hair. So that means I usually spray it in my hands (I spray too much and then get it everywhere else but my hair), and then rub it through my hair. Sometimes  it makes my coils pop a little. Other times it seems to make my hair frizzier. And it never adds moisture.

As for the scent? Nectarines! 


     It smells really nice and exactly like fresh, ripe, juicy, nectarines.  The scent is not overpowering. It 
                                                                    also  doesn't linger.                                                         

The ingredients are about what I remember Curls being...some natural extracts and then some stuff that looks like filler. The second ingredient is Glycerin which is surprising....it doesn't really feel like it. It does have a lot of extracts but I never find they do much for my hair that I can see or feel. 


Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Methylheptyl Isostearate, Certified Organic Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Certified Organic Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Certified Organic Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, (Pomegranate Seed Extract) Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Certified Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Certified Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Certified Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium, Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate Phenoxyethanol Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance

Overall I didn't see any extra moisture of much of anything else so I wouldn't buy it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment