Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Phyllis Hyman





Phyllis Hyman is one of my favorite artist of all times  #girlcrush. I think she was so beautiful (had to add more pictures than what I usually add),  talented, one of a kind, intelligent, hilarious, with impeccable style- just amazing all around. Her interviews are mesmerizing.

These are my favorite songs by her. And they are absolute favorites...

Actually we are starting with my least favorite of the favorites. It's Can't We Fall In Love Again. 


I love Don't Wanna Change The World. This song deserves more views. She has such a unique voice, I love her tone and deeper range.


Next up, You Know How to Love Me. A feel good and carefree song. Perfect for rollerskating too....

I wish there was a live version of I Can't Take It Anymore. It's one of the most beautiful "We Are Finished" songs I've ever heard.


Living in Confusion might be my absolute favorite. It's one of those I get stuck hitting the repeat button on over and over again.


I Don't Wanna Lose You is another classic Phyllis song. I had no idea this was originally a Spinners song...I love both versions though. I couldn't pick between them. Such a beautiful song.


Phyllis could really cover a song and make it her own. I love most of her covers. But only sharing my faves today. To include "What You Won't Do For Love"


And now I saved the best for last.This is my favorite performance. She performed the heck out of that song. I'm in awe. I also love the interview afterwards, her speaking voice is so nice. And she made me feel better about my shoe size cause I have been self conscious about it since childhood. Since I saw this interview...not anymore! 



I'm hoping I stop re-watching that last video...but so far no luck. Definitely check Phyllis out though....a very underrated and truly unsung artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment