Thursday, September 28, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza Eau De Cologne Review


 The cologne has taught me the Italian word for Essence. This is the iconic Colonia's cousin....for men that came out in 2010. I probably should have passed this along but then figured I may as well just give them all a try and get a review out them. I didn't wear this out the house...I just tested it on days I wasn't leaving because more masculine scents aren't my thing.

Aqua Di Parma claims:

Essenza di Colonia by Acqua di Parma is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Essenza di Colonia was launched in 2010.

Italian house of Acqua di Parma launches a new fragrance Essenza di Colonia which appears on the market in August 2010. Essenza di Clonia is accompanied by an interesting advertising campaign with photos by Giovanni Gastel.

Simple game of black and white announces Italian style and reminds us of tradition of the house and classic Art Deco Colonia flacon which was created as matt black flacon this time. The advertising campaign features an elegant smoking, which is an embodiment of style and elegance.

The new Essenza di Colonia is a flanker to edition from 1916, based on citrusy-woody notes of bergamot, lemon, mandarin, orange, grapefruit, petit grain, neroli, sage, rosemary, lily of the valley, rose accords, jasmine, patchouli, vetiver, white musk and amber. The fragrance can be purchased as 50 and 100ml edc.


Exciting, determined and unmistakable. Colonia Essenza reinterprets the icon Colonia with a modern perspective. A woody fragrance that embodies authentic sophistication.

Refined and cosmopolitan, Colonia Essenza is not afraid to be the center of attention. A rich selection of the unmistakable golden fruits of Acqua di Parma - lemon, orange and bergamot - opens up this exciting fragrance, which takes on an intense and crisp character with grapefruit, mandarin and petitgrain. Further into an aromatic-floral heart filled with notes of rose, jasmine and a hint of carnation, Colonia Essenza then dives directly into its fascinating final chapter. A precious mixture of woody vetiver, soft musk and warm amber enriches its ground patchouli base and gives this Eau de Cologne its irresistible finishing touch. The true essence of exciting elegance, Colonia Essenza is the ideal perfume for your unforgettable experiences.

Colonia Essenza comes in the iconic bottle of Acqua di Parma, a must-have design object with Art Deco influences. The black bottle and the characteristic cylinder box, on which the white labels stand out, reflect the unmistakable character of this refined Eau de Cologne. The coat of arms on the label underlines the long history of the house.

Top notes:
Lemon, orange, bergamot, mandarin, grapefruit, neroli, petitgrain

Heart notes:
Rosemary, lily of the valley, rose chord, jasmine chord, carnations

Base notes:
Vetiver, patchouli, white musk, amber

This has all the DNA of the baseline Colonia scent that reminds me of other men's cologne (I couldn't tell you which, I don't know too much about men's fragrances). The opening is fresh and citrusy...and I almost thought this smelled unisex too but there is something that smells more masculine than feminine. Although I'm not quite sure what.

At some point it goes kinda powdery and I enjoy that part the of scent. But there is something underlying in scent that I really can't stand. I don't know what it is but it sticks around and doesn't go away. Luckily I don't think the scent has the best longevity so eventually it goes away.  When I read reviews there are many mentions of Neroli...but with this I can't really pick out any notes except those that are unpleasant to me and the citrus in the top notes that disappear quickest. The only note that does stick out other than citrus is the Petitgrain which is a scent I very much dislike too.

I don't want to say I hate the scent- but I kinda hate the scent. I'm so glad my little vial is all gone. Next I'll be moving onto the Pura version of Colonia. I don't really think I'll like that one either but I'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment