Thursday, September 28, 2023

Chicken and Mushroom Pie, Banana Bread, Dal Nirvana

 Already time for another foodie post. 





First up, Chicken and Mushroom pie...which is a UK classic. Right up there with Fish and Chips. I've never had nor made a Chicken Mushroom pie so I was very curious about it. I came across this recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook and it's a favorite. It's not something I would have tried when I was a kid and lived in the UK because I did not like mushrooms. I still don't. But I tolerate them. They are actually nice in this dish though, I don't even think I can really taste them. It's kinda like a portable pot pie that skips the veggies and uses only mushroom instead. I was kinda hesitant to make them individual as I've only ever made a large chicken pot pie. It worked out though! I loved these, the crust came out so good. Luckily for me I have to make the same thing with meat (steak) and potatoes next week. 




Then I made Banana Bread. I love banana bread. I feel like I have made a ton. This is a really nice recipe. I used half the amount of sugar because I don't like my banana bread too sweet and most of them are just pure sugar. The amount I added really made it more like a muffin. I also added Walnuts to the recipe because banana bread needs nuts. It came out beautiful. I think I would make this one again....


Last thing I made was Dal Nirvana. I don't think I have ever made Brown Lentils. Usually I made the red ones. But I did find them in the store. This is a quick and easy recipe. It's also vegetarian so perfect for a meatless meal. It was fine. I think I would add more seasonings and some veggie stock to kick it up a notch. It was fine though. I don't think I would make it again because usually when I make Lentils I like free styling them. I did really like the cooking method though where you cook them 10 minutes and then drain them. Might try that for future lentil soups I made. I had mine with rice, mushrooms (need to use up my leftovers from the pie), and lots of broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment