Friday, September 29, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Pura Review


 I'm definitely flooding the blog with Acqua reviews because I am still excited to get through them all. I'm especially happy to be done with the Colonia line and move onto something else now that this little vial is done.

Aqua Di Parma claims:

Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura by Acqua di Parma is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura was launched in 2017. The nose behind this fragrance is François Demachy. Top notes are Ozonic notes, Bergamot, Orange and Petitgrain; middle notes are Narcissus, Jasmine Sambac and Coriander; base notes are White Musk, Cedar and Patchouli.

Bliss, purity, and simplicity. Colonia Pura illuminates the iconic Colonia with effortless elegance and ease in a fresh twist to our Italian lightness

An Eau de Cologne with a modern kind of lightness, boasting a fresh and youthful energy. Colonia Pura captures the iconic Italian sense of cultivated pleasure, exquisite style and attention to detail. The fragrance's aquatic sensuality comes alive with the crisp and sunny opening notes of bright bergamot, combined with juicy orange and delicate petitgrain. They give way to the vital energy of the floral heart, made up of jasmine sambac absolute and narcissus absolute. Blending into an unexpected balance with spicy notes of coriander, they harmoniously come together with the warm and sophisticated accents of patchouli, cedarwood and musk in the base. Classic yet contemporary, the result is a luminous dynamism that celebrates life, inspires and provides a sense of discreet elegance that looks to the essential. 

Colonia Pura comes in the iconic Acqua di Parma bottle, a must-have design object with Art Deco influences. The minimalist matte silver shade of the labels and the cap echoes the purity of the Eau de Cologne while the box, characterised by its cylinder shape, is dressed in our signature yellow shade. The coat of arms on the label underlines the long history of the Maison.

Top Notes:
Italian Bergamot, Italian Orange, Paraguaian Petitgrain

Heart Notes:
Russian Coriander Oil, Jasmine Sambac Absolute, France Narcissus Absolute

Base Notes:

Virginian Cedarwood, Indonesian Patchouli, Musk

Made in Italy

Of the three Colonia's, this is definitely the one I enjoy the most. I think because it's a bit more floral. It's also the most modern being that it came out in 2017. 

I would describe this one as a slightly spicy white floral citrus. I think what I enjoy the most is what I think is the Jasmine note. And the fact that it's not a big hit of citrus in the first few moments like the other one. I thought I enjoyed those citrus notes but maybe I'm tired  of them. 

It does have some notes I tend to hate like Petitgrain but this is more subdued and I can't pick it out as much as the others in the Colonia line. I think I pick up a little Bergamot- I love Bergamot so that's a good thing. I'm surprised to read that is is considered "Ozonic" as I wouldn't really describe it as such.

It does smell similar to other fragrances- I think there's a similar note in Oscar De La Renta's flagship scent that makes it smell familiar to me. I like those notes.

It is said to be unisex and I would agree- although I think as it dries down it goes more on the masculine side of unisex.  

Longevity I didn't find to be the best. If I overspray maybe 4 hours. This brand just doesn't want to stick to my skin. It sticks better to clothes but still not as long as others.

Overall, it's fine. I don't love it and wouldn't purchase the full size but it was nice to experience yet another Aqua fragrance. If I had to buy one of the Colonia line (I don't and probably won't), it would definitely be this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment