Sunday, September 10, 2023

Pumpkin Juice, Zucchini Frittata Omelet, Veggie Pasta

 Another recipe post to clear up some room in my notes.

Starting with Pumpkin Juice. I was honestly about this skip this one but my sister convinced me to just make it. I got the recipe from my Harry Potter Unofficial Recipe Book. Nothing about Pumpkin juice sounds appealing. I never once was curious abut it on the many reads of the Harry Potter books I have done. I've made a lot of Pumpkin things..and some of them have come out great but still pumpkin is not my favorite fruit. For this recipe I did get a fresh pumpkin- they don't sell sugar pumpkin locally so I just used what I could get my hands on. I roasted it, then pureed it. The next day I blended it with a little mixed fruit juice. I couldn't be bothered buying apple, grape, and pineapple separately. I only mixed in about a tablespoon of the pumpkin so I really couldn't taste it. It wasn't bad at all though! I might blend some more up tomorrow and increase the pumpkin.






Next up a zucchini frittata omelet. I can never make an omelet or frittata. It just never works out for me. So I ended up making scrambled the eggs with  the veggies, put it on toast and broiled the cheese to get it all melty. Then I put a little hot sauce - I bought this Vidalia Onion and Peach hot sauce from Pepper Palace to try but it's nothing special.



And last up..Veggie Pasta.  This pasta was definitely a lot of work. It was my "Sunday" dinner though so I didn't really mind the amount of time but I don't think I would make it again. I love that it was full of veggies but I wanted it to have more flavor. Maybe I just needed more salt. Or maybe it wouldn't have been better cooked in cream. I subbed the spinach for arugula since I had some leftover from last week. I think I would have liked this more if it was cajun or had more spiciness. I baked it in my dutch oven- I basically made the whole thing in one pot except the pasta.



And that's all for now...



No comments:

Post a Comment