Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Vaseline Intensive Care Nourishing Moisture Lotion Review


I've been using a new soap and it has really wreaked havoc on my skin. Before I tried a new soap bar,  many of the soaps I was using let me skip lotion. Not so lately. I have horrible dry patches on my hands, arms, and legs. I'll probably review the soap tomorrow...but today lotion! 

Vaseline claims:

A dermatologist-tested Vaseline® body lotion to nourish and restore moisture for healthier-looking skin. This non-greasy lotion, formerly known as Vaseline® Essential Healing, is clinically tested to provide 90% more skin moisture vs. untreated skin.

The new Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Nourishing Moisture Lotion made with pure Oat Extract is designed to replenish moisture. Its dermatologist-tested, fast-absorbing formula provides 48 hours of moisture, leaving your skin soft and looking noticeably healthier.

Benefits

  • A dermatologist-tested lotion aiming to moisturize and nourish dry skin and provide long-lasting, deep moisturization. 
  • Contains pure Oat Extract and is formulated with Ultra-Hydrating Lipids which fortify the skin barrier and replenish moisture.
  • A body lotion that works to heal dry skin from deep within, it is designed to prevent dryness and provide 48 hours of moisture.
  • This Vaseline® body lotion for rough, dry skin absorbs fast for rich moisturization without feeling greasy.
  • Clinically tested to provide 90% more skin moisture vs. untreated skin.
  • Lotion bottle made using 50% recycled plastic.

I bought this lotion  back in high school before I had a blog. It was back when I wanted to try lotions that weren't Cocoa Butter. I still love Cocoa Butter type lotions but I just wanted to try new things. I love trying new things..which is probably obvious from all the reviews on this blog. Bought it again now because I saw the mini size, which means I can try it, review it, use it up and move on to something new. 

We'll start with the scent- it smells like a Cucumber Fresh type of scent. Not cucumber but what cucumber drugstore stuff tends to smell like. I don't dislike the scent,...it's fine. It's not strong. You can put it on and it settles in and disappears not too long after. For some reason I still found myself wishing it was unscented. I don't know why, because I really don't mind the scent. I just don't actively like it.

Texture of the lotion is your basic lotion. Not too runny, not too thick. Feels like moisture going on, but it's also that sticky moisture. Eventually it sinks in. Some days it's enough, other days I felt like my skin felt drier the next day or was becoming dependent on the lotion. I wouldn't call this intensive though.

It usually comes in a plastic bottle with a pump but I have the 2 ounce size. Packing is nice. It feels like a nice quality squeezy tube product. It will probably be a bit difficult to get the last of it out though...I will definitely have to cut it open. 

Ingredients are...meh. You can definitely feel that Glycerin is the second ingredient. I think that's the sticky feeling. It also has some other stuff I would also rather not use- Mineral Oil, Petrolatum,  and Isopropyl Myristate. It has silicones and accrylates- more stuff I  rather avoid. Towards the bottom there are some good things like Oat Extract and Sunflower Oil but those are probably only included in small amounts. 

Water (Eau), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oil (Huile Minérale), Glyceryl Stearate, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Tapioca Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Stearamide AMP, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Straw Extract, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.

Overall, it's alright. I wouldn't buy it again because I prefer something with better ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment