Thursday, September 14, 2023

Kopari Coconut Super Suds Soap Review

 I want to try all the bar soaps on the Nordstrom site- I guess I just want to know all about luxury soaps. This soap is one of the most affordable ones on the site at $10 so I thought I would start there. I'm not typically a fan of Coconut scented products so I didn't have any expectations for this. The scent almost always ends up a dud.

Kopari claims:

  •   Cleansing soap bar for body and hands 
  • BulletAdded coconut oil & shea butter to moisturize 
  • BulletLathers up to a luxurious, cloud-like foam 

Cleanse your body and hands without stripping your skin of moisture with the Super Suds Moisturizing Soap Bar -- available in the sweet smell of coconut milk.

Clean, Vegan, Cruelty Free, 100% Recyclable


SHEA BUTTER

This emollient which is high in Vitamin A and E, promotes antioxidant activity to help deeply moisturize, soothe and smooth skin

ORGANIC COCONUT OIL

Jam-packed with fatty acids, vitamin E, and proteins for deep moisture and protection

AVOCADO OIL

Contains a high percentage of Vitamin E, as well as potassium, and many other nutrients which help nourish and moisturize your skin.


Made in USA

Kopari brand is all about coconut oil. It is a Calfornian brand that sources all of its Coconut from the Phillipines. They source from family farms and say they are responsibly manufactures. It's one of those "clean" beauty brands that seems to have some staying power. The packaging is said to be 100% recycleable and they use recycled plastic where they can. 

They definitely sell overpriced Coconut Oil and I do wonder if they are paying more than fair wages to the Coconut farms and families they source from. I sure hope so! 

Anyway, Coconut Soap. I used one Coconut Based soap in the past and didn't have much luck with it. Same thing happened here. The second time I used this it burned my chest and left a rash. It was literally burning in the shower until I rinsed it and left some irritated skin behind. I'm not sure if it's because I used with a washcloth? I think it's too harsh with the clothe so probably better to use this one without one per the soap directions. I also found it can really be drying to my skin and hands. My hands were so flaky and dry when I used this soap yesterday. It can also leave other areas dry too.  I have had the same experience with other Coconut Soaps though. 

It also melts extremely fast. It's mostly gone and I've only used it about a week. Maybe I overuse it? IDK.

It's not all bad though...it lathers amazingly. Like the richest thickest lather with just a touch....I don't think any other soap has ever had such luxurious (yet drying) lather.

And it smells divine. It's not strong. It's really light and I find myself wanting more. It doesn't smell like Coconut. It's a floral scent. But the prettiest low key floral scent. Maybe a hint of Coconut? But nice Coconut. I think this might be the nicest hint of Coconut in a beauty product I have come across. Typically Coconut Scented products smell gross. 

The smell is especially pretty when I go to rinse it. It amplifies subtly and really makes me feel I'm somewhere lush and tropical. But it's still very light. So nothing overwhelming but soooo delightful. 

Packing is just a paper wrapping. For some reason the packaging looks cheap to me. Like it was cheaply printed. I do like that it comes in paper as opposed to plastic though. 

Ingredients aren't bad. It does have coconut oil as the first ingredient. It has my favorite oil... Shea Butter. There isAvocado Oil among other goodies. Ingredients aren't horrible. I wonder if my skin just hate the coconut or maybe it's the 'Coconut Acid",

Ingredients:

sodium cocoate, water glycerin, coconut acid,  fragrance, sodium citrate cocos nucifera (coconut) oil titanium dioxide, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, sodium gluconate, salt, cocos nucifera (coconut) fruit powder, avocado oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, maltodextrin, vitamin e, vitamin c

I love the scent of this soap, the lather is luxurious but it wreaks havoc on my skin. I don't even have sensitive skin. If you try this soap...use with caution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment