Friday, August 9, 2019

Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Bar Soap Review



I never learn my lesson with these soaps. I tried a bunch of them when I found them on sale at Ulta a couple of years ago and ended up not liking most of them. I'm not exactly sure why I keep getting sucked back in...but I do.

Shea Moisture claims:
Our nutrient rich bar soap cleanses and softens your skin with a blend of 100% Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk, and Acacia Senegal. 




From the description I thought this was going to be a really basic Coconut Oil soap. Water, Coconut Oil, and Sodium Hydroxide but over the years the ingredients have been getting more complicated with Shea Moisture and a little less natural.

Which may be why every time I start to use these I get a coating of ash somewhere on my skin. It's not cute at all. And lotion is not an option when I use these. I usually just like to use something every now and again and not be obligated or horrified by my skin if I'm low on time or just forget. 

Besides the extreme drying of my skin...I was also not a big fan of the scent. It was slightly coconut like. But mostly forgettable and not something that made me look forward to getting up in the A.M.

Other than that the soap bar was large. You do get a lot for the five dollar price tag. And it seems to last OK. 

Lather was nice. Super rich and felt pleasing enough.

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Gluconate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)Palm Acid, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*‰Û , Palm Kernel Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Shell Powder, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Powder, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum *Certified Organic Ingredient. ‰Û Fair Trade Ingredient.

Overall it just reminded me of why I stay away from the soaps from this brand. They haven't improved in my long break from using them ,which is unfortunate because it's a brand that is easily accessible in many stores in the U.S.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, You just published a very good post here. I just came to your site today for the first time and just like that. So, you are doing a very good job for your beloved readers. I appreciate that too. I may share my thoughts too regarding this topic if you would like to listen and publish that in your blog. Thanks a lot!

    Check mine here

    ReplyDelete