Friday, August 9, 2019

MAC 212 Flat Definer Brush Review

Otherwise known as the the push liner brush. Or at least that's what it is to me. I first saw a makeup artist on youtube using this brush on his clients in almost every tutorial. It seemed useful for tightening, pushing liner into the lash line for the most natural liner look, etc. You can also use it for eyebrows. Multiple uses...but is it useful?

MAC claims:

For lining and defining the eye with colour. The firmly bristled, flat shape applies colour in a stroke to provide instant definition. Use with powder, liquid or cream products. Made of synthetic fibres. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

When I first bought it, it didn't get much use at all. I just stuck it in my brush holder and kind of forgot about it. Oops.

Months and months later I finally picked it up and actually found it very useful for eyeliner. In fact, it might be one of my favorite liner brushes I own. It makes doing liner so easy! It's easy to smudge liner, really wiggle color into the lash line, and even create graphic liner looks. You wouldn't think so just looking at the shape but it makes lining easy and effortless! 

It's also really good for going over a pencil liner with shadow. 

It is useful to tight line, but I actually don't wear that style much. No time most days. 

You can use it for eyebrows. I don't do my brows often...but it can certainly get the job done! 

I haven't had a problem with it losing it's shape either. Then again all of my MAC brushes have held their shape, even through years of washing! 

I bought mine before all the brushes were converted into synthetic. I think this was synthetic anyway though. 

I do always like to note where things are made. MAC brushes are made in France, Japan, US, and China. This particular one was made in Japan.


It's probably my most unexpected favorite. MAC has a lot of great lining brushes...and this is a must have for me! 


Random:
I've been listening to a lot of music and came across this performance. And wow! It's crazy that she can sing like that and didn't blow up. But after listening to her album,( I definitely appreciate listening live vs the album) I can see why she didn't blow up. The songs just weren't that memorable. But she had stage presence, range, and the talent. I miss the days when artist had such great voices.



No comments:

Post a Comment