Thursday, October 19, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Yuzu Eau De Cologne Review


 I feel like Yuzu has been everywhere lately- in bath and body stuff, candles, and food. I haven't really tried much with Yuzu but it seems to be citrus fruit similar to Bergamot, oranges, Pomelos. At least I think it is. i have no ida what Yuzu on it's own smells like so I was pretty excited for this one.


Acqua claims:
A sparkling and energising fragrance that combines the bittersweet notes of yuzu with vibrant and luminous citrus notes.

Considered as the rarest fruit of Japan, the yuzu fruit is now the newest of Acqua di Parma's "frutti d'oro". The fragrance brings together yuzu's bittersweet aroma with our signature citrus notes. The sparkling and energising fragrance combines the freshness of the yuzu with notes of bergamot, lotus, mimosa, violet leaves, and jasmine.

Top Notes:
Yuzu, Bergamot, Sichuan Pepper

Heart Notes:
Lotus, Mimosa, Violet Leaves, Jasmine

Base Notes:
Musk, Liquorice, Sandalwood

First spray of this was surprinsgly familiar. It smelled like something my brother wore when I was a kid or at least the top notes did. I wasn't expecting this to be quite so punchy but it dries down to become really soft and pretty but I don't notice it unless I am going out of my way to notice it. I wore it to work today and forgot it and that I had it on pretty much as soon as I stepped out the house. 




There's just nothing stand out or special about it. 

Especially now that I'm looking up the price which is 104 Euro for 20 ml. Ouch.

It has some notes I really enjoy like Jasmine....other's I don't really know how they smell. But it all comes together to be quite forgettable. I'm just glad it doesn't have Petitgrain in it it like so many of the first ones I sampled from the brand. 

I would classify this mostly ass a floral that is fleeting like a citrus because it doesn't stick around long.

It's a more modern fragrance in that it came out in 2019. And it's marketed as unisex- although I think it leans slightly more feminine. 

 Fun to try but I wouldn't buy a full size.














No comments:

Post a Comment