Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Apple Crumble, Singapore Noodles, and Vitamix Gazpacho

 Already time for another food post. These come so fast but I''ll probably slow it down for a little while since I have a bunch of dessert recipe's coming up. All the sweets seem to just pile up at the same time.


So we will start with Apple Crumble. It's been forever since I made an Apple Dessert. I feel like at one point I made a ton of Apple things. Mini handheld Apple Pies, Apples baked in Puff Pastry...Apple Turnovers etc. I didn't always love Apple Pie type of stuff, it wasn't until I was almost an adult when I had it with ice cream and became a fan. These days I can eat it without ice cream. Especially this crumble. It makes 12 mini apple crumbles with the most delicious pecan crumble. I LOVED, LOVED them. I could make a whole other batch right now and eat them right up. I got this recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter Book..I can already say it's probably one of my favorites and will be a go to when I need an Apple Dessert. 

Topped with unseated Bailey's Salted Caramel Whipped Cream

Then I made Singapore Noodles. Except I really had to sub out a few things. I couldn't find Rice Vermicelli so used plain rice noodles, I've never made Rice Noodles before and I really liked them. They were really good. Couldn't find Bon Choy at my close local stores so I used green beans I needed to use anyway. I was shocked that I found mung bean sprouts, first time cooking with those too. Overall they were really good, I think I added a few extra things things here and there because some comments said it was bland- mine wasn't bland at all! Also I added chicken cause I wanted a complete meal and need protein in my carbs.


Last up Gazpacho. - the linked recipe is similar but not the same.  I've never been a fan of cold soup type foods and I'm still not. I didn't really like this. But I have a ton! So I'm taking it to lunch with me. It's just a tomato soup with a few added veggies. Wouldn't make this again...I made mine with lamb kebabs. I still have a ton of tomato juice that I don't want to drink....


That's All! Now to get my shopping list so I can start working on the next post...


No comments:

Post a Comment