Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Lip Smacker Fanta Strawberry Review



Does anyone ever buy Fanta in flavors other than orange? 

I want to use this up, so that's the only reason why I am reviewing this today. I think I might throw it away or try to use it as a body balm. I just want it gone by tomorrow...

Lip Smacker claims:

Quench your thirst with a Fanta Strawberry Cup lip balm! Twist open and open your senses to the world of Coca-Cola. The dome-shaped lip balm delivers the authentic taste of Fanta while providing extended hydration to your lips. The iconic fountain cup design is sure to make an impression whenever you use it!

When I first opened this I thought it had a nice sour strawberry scent but as I kept using it there's an off putting note to the sourness of it. Sometimes it's OK, other times it's a bit putrid.

The texture is another thing I dislike. It works like all other Smacker balms and delivers a hit of moisture- but it's gritty. I really, really dislike that gritty feeling and combining that with the sour note....it's not for me. 

I think they were made somewhere in the midwest a few years back, and I really liked that because it supported the US economy and US jobs. They are now made in China. I'm not a big fan of companies that change where they manufacture because it helps them save money and I hate the fact that US jobs were lost. 

Ingredients:

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Beeswax/Cire dabeille, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Paraffin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylene Glycol, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Sucralose, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

I don't like it, probably won't be buying anymore lip smackers. There are better Strawberry lip balms out there. Moving on to the grape now and I will finally be done with the multi-pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment