Wednesday, October 4, 2023

All the Cleaning Things....(Fave Products and Reviews)

 Confession Time: I love cleaning products. So I thought I would make a post on all my faves and some I am just trying out. I can pinpoint the exact time I started loving cleaning stuff- Back in 2017 I had my own apartment in Maryland and needed something to clean the granite countertops in my kitchen. I remember seeing the colorful Method products in Target and really wanted to get one to try out but for some reason I didn't. I think I thought because they had such fun scents and colors they wouldn't work. Then one day I went home with the Lime and Sea Salt. The scent of that had me cleaning things that were already clean just so I could smell it. It smelled that good. 

And so it began...

Now I've amassed a few things I thought I would give a quick review on. 

Starting with the Dyson. I bought the Dyson V10. I love it! It makes giving the floors a quick vacuum so easy. No having to lug out a heavy vacuum and plug it in or wrap of the cord later on. Also living on three floors and doing the stairs used to be a massive pain but with this cordless vacuum it makes doing the stairs a breeze. It comes with helpful attachments so you have something to suck up dust on baseboards or you can even use it as a car vacuum. I love it! I use it allll the time. It was expensive...but worth it? Kinda. Idk there are cheaper one's out now but I went with this one because if/when I go back stateside I can just buy a US charger for it and keep it pushing....


Then I bought the spin mop. I downloaded Tik Tok and was hooked on "Cleantok" for a minute. I have since deleted the app because it was sucking up my life..but not before it influenced me to buy a few things. I bought the Rinse Clean version of the Spin Mop because a clean bucket of water is key to actually cleaning the floor. Before the sink was my mop bucket and and I would rinse the mop every few passes with fresh water. It took more time and could be annoying if mopping a large area. This makes mopping fast and fun! I love it, I think it expensive but kinda worth it...I first tried the steam mop but I didn't really like it all that much so I ended up returning it. 

Next up, the Method All purpose cleaner. I can usually only get my hands on the Lavender and the Grapefruit but the Lime and Sea Salt is hands down my favorite. I have purchased the Lavender about a billion times...and the Grapefruit. I love them for almost everything except the bathroom sink and toilet. I feel they can be a bit "sticky" in those areas. But everywhere else...I'm busting out the Method. The grapefruit is especially nice in the kitchen. It smells like a grapefruit tea, The Lavender is also very nice and doesn't smell synthetic. I like using it in my room and it even works very well on glass. I have tried a few other Method cleaners like the Glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, and bathroom cleaner but I can't remember what I thought of them except that they all smelled oddly minty. I do have a container of the wipes because they are supposedly compostable. I kinda hoard them and barely use them because they smell so nice! I plan to buy the refill bottles (they don't sell the Lime Sea Salt on Amazon though!) and hope they continue to push the refill more to save the world some plastic. 


As seen on Tik Tok, I bought The Pink Stuff. And I love it! It's great for the oven glass door, cleaning shower doors and tiles, toaster ovens, sinks, glass cooktops etc. And it smells really nice and light/fruity. I want to try more of the line...I just wish it was as cheap as it was in the UK! 


I'm a little bit obsessed with Dawn Powerwash. It works great for cleaning the bathroom, rims, and probably a ton of other things too. I mostly use it in the bathroom though. I do keep one in the kitchen to clean up stuck on food. I even bought the Gain version which isn't bad if you like the smell of Gain. I used to be obsessed with it!  I think I like the Dawn version better though. I even make the DIY refills and I like that a lot too. Now that I have enough of the bottles with the spray nozzles I am only going to buy the refills now...which I have to order because my closest store does not stock the refills....😩

Chlorox Toilet wands are something I feel a bit bad about buying because I thought the scrubby part was biodegradable or more earth friendly when I bought it but they aren't. It's not even really wallet friendly. But I tend to re-use the brush part a few times and keep it in a plastic tub until I am ready to toss it out. I may try out the silicone toilet brush one of these days when I get tired of purchasing these refills that keep going up and up in price. But I do like them...they get the toiler sparkling clean and you don't have to keep the same nasty toilet brush for too long.


Next up, I want to try more of the German cleaning stuff. I usually stick to American stuff. I will sometimes use baking soda and essential oils or vinegar and dish soap in the toilet. Cause that's the cheapest. But sometimes I buy specific toilet bowl cleaner. Sometimes you want a gel to stick to the sides. This is kinda thin and runny. But it does work. I bought another brand because it was Jasmine scented and it smelled amazing but cleaned nothing. This has a nice fruity smell and seems to go a great job! 


And last up...Scrub Mommy. I have one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom. I wish they were more environemtal friendly...but they do work so well! I love the scrubby end...and I love the foam part that does a great job mopping up the messes or cleaning product. I will probably keep them to send back to the company to recycle as mine get worn out. I also love the brand because they sponsor a lot of people that clean up the nastiest homes you could ever see on youtube. 

I'll probably post another round of products in a few months because I didn't get to everything in my cleaning arsenal. I have a few things for the next post. I also mostly  DIY a lot with essential oils, baking soda, vinegar, rubbing alcohol and dish soap because it makes cleaning super cheap but I do also like buying stuff sometimes too...



No comments:

Post a Comment