Thursday, October 5, 2023

Da Vinci Classic Lip 4414 Brush Review


I bought this when I went crazy looking for a natural haired lip  brush...preferably sable hair because it's said to work amazingly with cream.Lipstick is cream. I ended up coming across the German Brand Da Vinci. I think they are more known for making art/painting brushes. There were two lip brushes and somehow I picked up the smaller one. Which is too bad for me because this is way too tiny for me to use as a lip brush. It's too tiny for me to use for anything really.

Da Vinci claims:

This brush is a quality product "handmade in Germany".
This liner is suitable for applying gel eyeliner, eye shadow and kajal. It emphasizes the eye area on the upper and lower eyelid as well as on the lower corner of the eye and is also ideal for a precise compaction at the base of the eyelashes. It ensures easy handling through targeted color delivery and an exact, uniform line guidance. The high-quality red marten hair ensures long-term practical work due to its needle-fine tip.

It's kinda odd because mine definitely says it's a lip brush but the description on a website I found that sells it says it's an eye brush. But it looks slightly different even though it has the same number so IDK.

For comparison of size: MAC 239, Royal and Lang Gold Lip Brush, Da Vinci Lip

Mine says lip so I'll go with that. I have big lips. And this is a tiny, tiny brush. So it does not work for me. Unless I want to take forever to apply some lipstick and have it looks streaky...this is a no. Could be nice for someone with tiny lips though. 

I thought I would try it on my eyes...but I couldn't really find anything to use it for. I'm not into it for liner or tight lining...or anything on the top lid. I just really can't find anything to use it for. I might demote it to a nail polish clean up brush. 

I like that's it handmade in Germany..it seems to be good quality but the build definitely feels more like an art brush than a makeup brush. Especially the ferrule. 

It's kind of a useless brush to me..but maybe one day I'll pick up another brush from Da Vinci and give it a try to give the brand another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment