Friday, October 6, 2023

Meat and Potato Pies, , Eggnog Coffee, Vanilla Butter Cake

 Yay for a three day weekend. This felt like a particularly long week so I'm very happy to see it come to a close. I've already got another food post because I have been cooking, and baking, and making all the drinks.

I am still working my way through the Harry Potter cookbook...currently I am in the pie section. This is pie recipe number two, Meat and Potatoes. I was so excited for this one, especially because I LOVED the chicken and mushroom one. This one was good but it seemed to take forever. I used rump steak instead of chuck because I couldn't find chuck. I still have half of it in the freezer. I did let the crust sit an entire day...then started on the meat which had to cook down for an hour and a half total. Then you assemble and let it bake another hour. Took forever! But they came out really good. The crust was perfect...




Next up, Eggnog Coffee. No recipe because the original recipe for it called for a lot of ice cream and I didn't want ice cream so early in the day. I made a tiny batch of eggnog and put that in a packet of coffee and espresso and added so frothy milk. It was good....but no real eggnog flavor. 


Last up..vanilla cake. I made this after work yesterday. I think it's a good vanilla cake...but find vanilla cake a bit boring overall. I did make the almond whipped cream. I was happy that it was actually a soft cake texture as a lot of the past vanilla cake recipe's I have tried come out more pound cake like. I did add strawberry Jam in the middle and top with powdered sugar so the cake does give Victorian Sponge vibes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment