Friday, October 6, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Arancia Di Capri Eau De Cologne Review


Finally out of the Colognia range and into the Blue Mediterranean range. I looked it up ahead of time and read that this scent leaned more feminine (but still unisex) and was so relieved. 

Acqua claims:

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma is a unisex fragrance from the Citrus Aromatic group. Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri was launched on the market in 1999. Top notes are orange, sicilian mandarin, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are petitgrain and cardamom; base notes are caramel and musk.

Arancia di Capri is a natural fragrance spray that captures the sunny atmosphere of a relaxed walk on the island. The bright and bright notes of orange, mandarin and lemon combine with notes of petitgrain, cardamom and a slight hint of caramel and musk.

Arancia di Capri is offered in the iconic bottle of Acqua di Parma, an indispensable design object with art deco influences. The pure, luxurious and thick glass is dipped in a deep blue that reminds of the transparency of the sea in a game of reflections.


Top notes:
Italian sweet orange, Italian mandarin, Italian lime

Heart notes:
Petitgrain, Cardamom

Base notes:

caramel, musk




So this fragrance is almost 25 years old. It's been out for a good long time....


It's another citrus scent which is not really my favorite type of scent I'm learning. It seems most scents from the brand lean heavy on the citrus. The opening notes smell like Dishwashing gel to me. It does dry down and get pretty pleasant on its very last legs before it fades. Of the one's I've tried it's definitely my favorite. But I don't like it enough to purchase it.

The middle notes can get downright unpleasant to me. There is something in it that is in most of the their fragrances that I really dislike. I don't know if it's the petitgrain. It doesn't smell like petitgrain to me....but something else that I have smelled before and can't quite tell you what it is. Maybe Orange Blossom? The note is reminding me of a sample scent I had from Dyptique and it's the same scent. 

I'm actually surprised that it has caramel notes. I think that might be my favorite part of the scent but it's not strong and doesn't last long. It really doesn't smell sticky sweet or very sugary like. 

Overall, it's better than the others but nothing I would buy. Six more samplers to go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment