Sunday, October 8, 2023

L'occitane Almond Shower Oil Review

I've had this for awhile now, it's a little overdue for a review. This had been on my list to try because a shower "oil" is new to me. I've tried shower jellies, shower bombs, a play dough type of soap (Lush Fun) and so many different forms I figured it was time to add something new. 

L'occitane claims:

Soften and cleanse skin with the iconic scent of almond in this best-selling body wash.

Benefits:Softens,Comforts, Cleanses, Provides the perfect shaving base for the body

.I got mine off of Amazon a few dollars off the retail price (Amazon was the seller as I don't trust random sellers). I think it was about fourteen euro...much better than the US price. This isn't the first time I bought it, I got a bottle and refill packet for my Mom for Christmas thinking she might like it. 

Almond is a popular scent from the brand and I do really love the scent. I reviewed the hand soap and the hand cream awhile back and the scent in those products are heavenly. This smells similar but there's an odd smell to it, kind of a cheap bubble bath scent that I've smelled in cheap shower gels and a few Lush Bubble Bars. I think it's an ingredient meant to product lather. It still does smell nice, it's just something extra there I don't particularly like. Otherwise it's a very calming scent. I find it a nice one to use for a night time shower. It's not too strong though and unfortunately does not linger. 

The texture is very unique. It's like a thick oil that turns into a slick slight bit of barely there lather .It also feels like it get's warm when you rub it together. It doesn't work at all in a washcloth and works best with just your hands. It seems like I use a ton because of the lack of lather and it also seems to take a bit longer to use than a regular old shower gel. 

I don't think it's anymore hydrating than other shower gels/soaps although I was expecting it to be since it is an oil.

It does come in a nice thick plastic bottle that is refillable. You can buy refill bags/bottles which is better for the environment. I don't see myself buying the refill but I might keep the bottle anyway in case I buy something else from the line in the refill size. 

The ingredient list is a little shorter than I was expecting. Grape seed oil is the main ingredient. It does have Sweet Almond, Bergamot, and Sunflower Seed Oil which are all nice for the skin. 


Ingredients:

VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL - TIPA-LAURETH SULFATE - LAURETH-3 - CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - COCAMIDE MEA - PROPYLENE GLYCOL - SORBITAN OLEATE - PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL - CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) FRUIT OIL - HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT - TOCOPHEROL - AQUA/WATER - LIMONENE - COUMARIN – LINALOOL

Overall I think it's fine. Not a repurchase for me although I would pick up some of the other things in the Almond scent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment