Thursday, April 20, 2023

L'occitane Delicious Almond Liquid Soap Review


Meant to write a post yesterday but I got caught up trying to catch up on DC Comic movies. I don't know why but I prefer the Avengers over DC, or at least I used to. Avengers has still been missing the mark for me lately. I have been interested in watching any of their newer movies, although I might just do it cause why not. But back to soap.

L'occitane claims:

Our liquid soaps are made from vegetable oils in accordance with the traditional cauldron method used by master soap makers from Provence. Enriched with almond oil and Shea, known for its nourishing properties, this liquid soap cleanses the skin, leaving it feeling soft and delightfully fragranced with a delicious scent of fresh almonds.

Made in France

I want to try more from the L'occitane brand so when I saw this on a special, I snapped it up. I bought this and the hand cream for around $30 which is a bargain compared to their original prices.Especially when I saw it was in their Almond scent. Years ago The Body Shop had a line of Almond products (not their current line) and it smelled amazing. I wish they still made it. It was Almond Heaven. So I was hoping this would be similar. And it is. Not the same, but still a really nice almond scent that's not too candy or extract like. It really smells delicious...but not in a foody way. I don't know if it tops The Body Shop's scent but it's a close 2nd. 

Unfortunately the scent doesn't seem to be in their original line up, I can't find it on the site for sale. But it is the same scent as their Almond Shower Oil which is on my list to try too.

The soap itself is like a Castille soap. Maybe a little thicker. It lathers nicely- if you use a full pump. Since it's pricey I tend to try only using a half a pump but to really get it going, the full amount is necessary. It rinses clean. And it's a bit drying. So I can see why it was bundled with the hand cream.

I know you can use it in the shower but I haven't tried it as a body soap. It just doesn't seem like it would lather as it should.

The ingredients are a little bit better than most other liquid soaps you find. No Sodium Laurel Sulfates. It has Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, and Bergamot Oil. 

Ingredients:

AQUA/WATER - HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT - COCONUT ACID - POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE - SODIUM CHLORIDE - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER EXTRACT - CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) FRUIT OIL - GLYCERIN - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE - UNDECYLENIC ACID - CITRIC ACID - CARAMEL - COUMARIN - LIMONENE

Overall, I really like it. Especially the scent. I don't love the price so I find myself "saving" it and using it when I need a little pick me up. I use my cheaper soaps for all other hand washing. I do wish it was available to buy, but maybe I'll try out the Shea Butter soap refill next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment