Tuesday, May 16, 2023

L'occitane En Provence Amande/Almond Delicious Hands Cream Review

 More L'occitane. I just love trying things from this brand. It just seems like a quality brand with delicious scents-especially the Almond line. I still haven't tried much from them, but it is a brand I eventually plan to try a lot more from. I bought this in a set from QVC with the hand soap. It was one of their Christmas deals and each item ended up being about $15, which compared to their regular price is a bargain. 

Loccitane claims:

Soften hands and cuticles with the irresistible scent of almond.

This silky-smooth cream melts into your hands leaving them soft, moisturized and scented with the irresistible aroma of fresh almonds and warm vanilla. Infused with almond milk and sweet almond oil, this fast-absorbing hand cream offers 24-hour hydration¹ without any greasy residue.

 

A decadent multi-tasker, massage onto cuticles to leave them feeling softer and nails looking shinier.


High-quality, traceable almonds are sustainably sourced from our partner-producers in Provence and the MediterraneanBenefits Moisturizes dry skin Softenskin Delicately perfumesHelps nourish cuticles


Made in France



I really did pick this cream up for a bargain price- for just an ounce the retail price is $12.50. I have the larger once which is 5.2 ounces. So it will last forever. I have tried a sample of the original cream but I didn't really like the scent.  I also gifted the original to my Mom and she loves the scent/cream. Maybe I just need to try out the larger tube instead of a mini packet.

Back to the Almond cream though. I love the scent of the almond line from L'occitane. It reminds me of the original Almond line from The Body Shop that was discontinued years ago. It's just a nice (not foody), gentle scent that's a bit reminiscent of Almonds. But so much better. It's not even straight up Almond Extract which I also like. But I like this type of scent a little more. It's strong enough that you smell it, and it sticks around, but it's not obtrusive or offensive. Love the scent! It perfectly compliments the hand soap.

But it's on the lighter side. It's one of those hand creams that absorbs immediately and leaves no greasy marks anywhere. So perfect for at your work desk, or for driving. Or for those people that like a light, immediately absorbed cream. I usually like something a bit heavier though. It does make my hands look moisturized and my hands do feel a bit softer. It's also supposed to be good for your cuticles but I need to do a better job of rubbing hand cream into my cuticles though. I tend to just quickly put it on and move on.

Ingredients aren't my favorite. You can see the first three ingredients aren't that great- they are average and cheap. Then you have sunflower seed oil (cheap oil and why is it not Almond). It does have Shea Butter, which is a my favorite. And eventually you do get the Almond oil. There is Almond protein (?),  and Coconut Oil.

Ingredients:

AQUA/WATER - GLYCERIN - CETEARYL ALCOHOL - HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER - COCO-CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE - CORN STARCH MODIFIED - PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL - PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) PROTEIN - COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL - HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER - CETEARETH-33 - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - CETYL ALCOHOL - XANTHAN GUM - MANNITOL - TOCOPHEROL - SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE - POLYSORBATE 60 - HYDROGENATED LECITHIN - CITRIC ACID - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - LIMONENE - LINALOOL - COUMARIN

Almost forgot, they do get bonus points because the tube is a metal tube- easily recyclable! 

Overall, I like it. It's a nice light cream...but my preference is a heavier, thicker, richer cream. So I might not repurchase this particular one (even though it smells heavenly). I would recommend it though if a lighter cream is what you want or maybe you are looking for a summer hand cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment