Monday, October 30, 2023

Banoffee Pie, Mexican Mocha Cookies, Roasted Pheasant (Chicken)

 Finally a food post. I love knocking these out. I remember back when I would just do one new recipe a week and now I am trying multiple in a week. It always makes me happy to try new things.




First up...Banoffee Pie. I bought a tart pan (even though the recipe didn't call for it) and was sooo excited for this to just be the cutest tart ever. It didn't quite work out to be as cute as I thought. I probably should have just stuck with the muffin tin. But I made the dough the night before (excellent pic crust recipe). I also made the caramel the night before. I wasn't brave enough to boil a can, I do not want to accidentally explode one because I can be absent-minded sometimes. So I just put some sweetened condensed milk in a pan, placed the pan in water and baked it for almost two hours. And caramel..or dulce de lethe. So yummy! The next day I just baked up the crusts, added bananas, some caramel and some coffee whipped cream. The whipped cream was AMAZING! I used Salted Caramel instant coffee powder. This was so good! I kinda want to make a banana cream pie and add the caramel and coffee whipped cream. I think it would be out of this world. This recipe came out of the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook and is a winner.


Next up, more dessert. Mexican Mocha Cookies. It's supposed to have icing but I just skipped that. I don't really think I would like them with icing but I plan on making spice cupcakes and trying out the coffee icing on it those. I just need to buy some more coffee liquor. These cookies were OK. They aren't super sweet (I liked that). The thing is the mocha flavor doesn't come through, nor does the cinnamon. I am making another batch to take to work for a Halloween potluck so we shall see. I upped the espresso powder. They look gorgeous though. Recipe here.

Last up I made roasted pheasant. Well Chicken cause where would I get a pheasant? This was super easy. Just hoping veggies and then butterflying a chicken, throwing on seasoning and olive oil and then roasting. Doesn't get any easier. It's a recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter book too. Looks a little burnt but it came out good.

And that's all! Until my next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment