Saturday, October 28, 2023

Plant Therapy Petitgrain Essential Oil Review


 I don't have anything better to do right now so figured I would do a quick post. I really need to get through some of my essential oils because some of them are getting old and there's quite a few I barely/rarely use that need to get some use. I've gone through most of my collection and I'm really trying to use up the ones I dislike the most. So here we have Petitgrain... 

Plant Therapy claims:

  • Helps to calm & balance emotions
  • Soothes skin blemishes & irritations
  • Supports a healthy digestive system
Steam-distilled from the leaves and twigs of the Seville bitter orange tree, Petitgrain holds a refreshingly green, woody scent with floral undertones. Its aroma alone is known for its wonderful enhancement in perfumery but Petitgrain possesses a multitude of benefits. Add Petitgrain to your diffuser or a room spray to help balance and comfort the mind when emotions run amuck. Its fresh scent can help uplift and energize any atmosphere. When diluted into skincare products, Petitgrain Essential Oil can help combat blemishes and oily skin. Upset stomachs aren't enjoyable, so let Petitgrain help soothe the discomfort.


Aromatic: Diffuse using 2-3 drops per 100 mL of water or use in a personal inhaler.
Topical: Dilute to 1-3% in a carrier.
  • KidSafe

  • Pregnancy Safe

  • Nursing Safe

  • Pup & Pony Safe



I don't know what possessed me to buy the large one ounce bottle of this...I was convinced I would just love it. And I don't.  I think I read that it's from an orange tree and I love orange scents so I went with that. I should have read the key sentence which is that it's from the leaves and twigs. 

The scent is almost citrus, it's bright with a little green but I think what I really dislike is the woodiness. It has a scent similar to cedar wood. It just kinda smells like mustard to me but not exactly mustard. I just really dislike it. Even mixed into things. It's on the strong side so it tends to take over whatever you mix it into.

I usually try to use it for cleaning to try and use it up. It works nice for mopping the floor or any DIY cleaner you want to make. 

I also recently made a sleep spray with it. The spray came out very woody and smoky- it's an alright scent. It's also very relaxing and will probably make you really sleepy. It does make me sleepy but I can fight through it when I use the spray.

It is said to help balance emotions. I think it's the calming properties..and I would say it is actually calming.

It's also supposed to be great for balancing oily, blemish prone skin. I made a facial cream by mixing it with Shea Butter and Sea Buckthorn Oil. I can't use it in the daytime because it makes me sleepy but at night I sleep so good after using the face cream. I don't notice it being especially helpful for balancing oil or notice any help with blemishes. I haven't really paid too much attention though,  but if I notice something later I will come back and update.

It has some nice properties- especially the sleepy facial cream but the scent is not my cup of tea so I can't see myself repurchasing in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment