Sunday, November 5, 2023

Capri Blue Volcano Dryer Ball Kit Review

 I've got a bit of a boring review today. But it's something I did want to talk about.  I'm not great at liying a sustainable or even zero waste but I try to do what I can, when I can. I've tried to use Beeswrap instead of plastic wrap, recycle, and use soap bars sometimes to save a plastic bottle ( I alternate) and etcetera. 

I don't use dryer sheets..or fabric softener. I don't like the coating it leaves on clothing and find it to mostly be a waste of money. Also most of them don't smell that great. I do use Vinegar as a fabric softener -rarely -though. So I am saving the plastic in the sheets and also the plastic bottle by not using those. Other than that I guess I just have hard crunchy clothes 😂. Just kidding. Usually the detergents I use seem to do OK on their own. 

Capri Blue claims:

Say hello to your dryer’s new best friend! Our Volcano™ Dryer Ball Kit is designed to soften fabrics while adding a touch of your fav fragrance. It includes 3 wool dryer balls  + our famous Volcano fragrance oil - formulated with grapefruit and tangerine essential oils. The dryer balls are long-lasting, machine washable and hand-made with 100% pure wool and colorfast dye that won't bleed. But wait – it doesn’t stop there. They also eliminate wrinkles, static, and lint, making this Dryer Ball Kit a win, win for you (and your dryer)! For the ultimate fragrance experience use alongside our CB Concentrated Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener.

Non-toxic. Vegan formula. Cruelty-free. Formulated without gluten, parabens, sulfates and phthalates. No synthetic colors.


Made in USA

So I wanted to try dryer balls forever. They are made of earth friendly wool which means it will compost and doesn't just go sit in a landfill somewhere. It came in paper packaging, which is also easily recyclable.

I don't use the dryer most times. I just hang dry my clothes but for things like sheets and towels I like to use the dryer. These are good for softening your clothes, reducing drying time, and also static in your clothes. 

And I do really feel they help reduce static and make your clothes softer. 

As well as the drying time is shorted by quite a bit. I don't think it dramatic but it's noticeable and I think would make a difference overtime. 

The ones I got have a grey and decent sized. And it came with a fragrance oil that you can use on the balls to scent your clothes. 

The first couple of times I used it, you could smell it all over the downstairs area . It's the Capri Blue Volcano  juicy and sweet orange citrus scent and it smells really nice. Different form your usual laundry softener scents for sure. Probably not my favorite scent for clothes but it's fine.

I have had it for awhile and only use the fragrance oil sometimes so I have noticed it has decreased in strength over the months. I have had to use more to get the same fragrance results. I am still not using the recommended 5-7 drops per ball though. I want to conserve the oil so I can use it longer. Most times I just skip it altogether though.

I do notice when I use a decent amount it really sticks to my towels and some clothing. 

The list price is high at $32.00 and you can definitely get dryer balls for a better price right on Amazon. I waited for a sale and got mine for $21.00.

The set has since updated the dryer ball color to a pretty blue. 

Overall, I really like the set. I would buy it again when mine wears out (it shows no sign of wearing down but I know they don't last forever)  and I could find it on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment