Sunday, November 19, 2023

Caramel Popcorn, Two Tomato Pasta, Holiday Squash Soup

 It feels like it's been awhile since I've done a food post. I went through a few days where I just didn't feel like making anything....but I've knocked out about three more recipes so it's time to post.


First up, Caramel Popcorn. I love Caramel Popcorn ever since trying the famous  Chicago Garret Mix Cheese and Caramel popcorn. I've always wanted to try to make my own and was excited about this recipe. I even went and ordered Mushroom popcorn which holds caramel the best. It was easier than I thought, and also less messy then I thought it would be. The only thing is the caramel didn't get candy like- it stayed soft and the color doesn't look like typical caramel popcorn. It's also a bit more salty than I wanted I don't think I would make this particular recipe again because I think the recipe should be more detailed- I want a temperature that the caramel should reach etc. I left the nuts out...just to save some calories. I also couldn't really taste the chili powder and would probably leave it out next time.



Next up, two tomato pasta. I did make the pasta from scratch. This is definitely a summer pasta recipe. It was really easy and very basic...but good. I would definitely make this again! 


And last up..Holiday Squash Soup. I've made a few holiday squash soups...I didn't use the right seasoning and I think that's why this didn't turn out quite right for me. I also think I roasted the squash a little too long. I had it with just some broccoli and chicken. I can't find the recipe online anywhere but don't really recommend trying it anyway.

And that's all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment