Thursday, November 2, 2023

Lip Smacker Fanta Grape Review

 I'm feeling sad right now so to distract myself I want to get a blog post (as opposed to shopping the sadness away) . No matter what I did last night, I could not fall asleep, then I woke up early to drop my family off to the airport (the traffic was crazy), I was getting my family a luggage cart and this man asks me where the entrance was. I told him I think it's further down- I'm not an airport expert. He looked at me like and was like Oh, you don't know? I thought you worked at the airport.  I was in jeans, a T-Shirt, and a pink zip up hoodie with my scarf on. Last time I checked all airport employees wear uniforms. I probably caught an attitude when I said "NO, I don't work at the airport". I was literally trying to grab a cart for the fam. I'm pretty sure he only assumed I worked at the airport because I'm black. People are ridiculous. Even in Germany. 

Anyway...back to lip balm. 

Lip Smacker claims:

Together in one really cool, collectible tin, enjoy a variety of refreshingly authentic Coca-Cola flavored Lip Smacker lip balms that are as good for your lips as they taste! Since 1973, Lip Smacker has put smiles on lips around the globe. Each carefully crafted lip balm is inspired by our endless flavors, variety of colors and 40+ years of evolving style. The flavor combinations are endless – mix and match to find your own lip softening, smile inducing, deliriously happy moment because at Lip Smacker, we hope our authentic flavors, scents and colorfully designed products make you happy. We invite you to discover our world, explore our brand and find your favorites.

Finally on my very last Lip Smacker lip balm. After these, it's likely I won't be picking up anymore. Mostly because they used to be made in the USA, and then they moved production to China- which took American jobs away. IDK, but that just doesn't sit right with me. 

Way back in the day Grape soda was my favorite and the one I always drank was Welch's. I haven't had one in forever but I remember liking it. Tasted nothing like grape though. I don't think I would like it these days though.

This kinda smells a bit sour- and like a mix of Welch's Grape Juice and Grape medicine. It's OK. 

It's not gritty like some of  the Lip Smacker's can be. It's very smoothing, softening, and hydrating but you have to re-apply often. 

It goes on pretty thick and glossy so my favorite way to apply it is just put it on, let it set for a few minutes and wipe the excess off. Otherwise I don't really like the feeling of it sitting on my lips- I didn't use to mind though so not sure why I do now. 

Even wiping it off, it's pretty sweet tasting. 

Overall, it's OK. Nothing I have to have again and nothing that really stands out about it. Now I'm off to grab a cup of coffee cause I'm getting sleepy...


No comments:

Post a Comment