Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Mario Badescu A.H.A Botanical Body Soap Review

 I think this will be my last Mario Badescu review for awhile, I've tried a few things from the brand and they have all just been ok. Nothing I loved and wanted to repurchase...I'm not done with the brand. I just wanna try some different brands. I bought this mainly because it was on sale for $5.40. Can't pass that up, I think it was on a major sale because Nordstrom is not going to carry the brand anymore. They were coming under some heat for some shady stuff they did a couple years ago.

Mario Basdescu claims:

AHA Botanical Body Soap visually improves uneven skin tone and texture and refreshes skin for a fresh feel and luminous glow. Fruit Enzymes, Ginseng, Grapefruit and Linden hydrate, brighten skin and provide a refreshing burst of scent and revitalization.

#MBSKINTIP: To treat body blemishes, use the A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap with our Special Cleansing Lotion "O". To treat dry, bumpy skin, use our Papaya Body Lotion after showering to increase skin brightness and smoothness.

I really wanted to try the Rose soap but I missed the sale on it...I have just been craving rose scented things. I want candles, soaps,  and lotions in rose- but I keep getting distracted and the buying something completely different. 

I did want to try this anyway because it has AHA's which are known to smooth and brighten the skin.

We will start with the packaging- I always like the packaging. It looks simple but still different to other brands. I think I mostly like the cap. You get an 8 ounce bottle which is a good size and should last awhile because a little seems to go a long way. I do tend to use a lot though because I want to get rid of it faster.

Mostly because of the scent. I thought I would really like the scent but it hasn't grown on me. It's like a burst of fresh flowers with lovely green foliage which is all good until I get whiffs of what smells like old school potpourri. I don't like that scent at all. It's like spicy, potpourri from the 70's. I was thinking due to them mentioning fruit enzymes it would smell fruity...but nope. 

Other than that it does lather nicely. It also does rinse clean. It only cleans ok. 

I can't say I have noticeable smoother or brighter skin. But my skin has been dryer and my elbows don't feel the smoothest. 

The ingredients are a bit nicer than even more expensive shower gels. It has stuff that is supposed to smooth and brighten- although I didn't personally notice results. 

Aqua (Water, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4)

I wasn't very impressed with it, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I liked the scent better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment