Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Soap Haul

I was up until the wee hours of the morning reading all the history of all the Targaryen Kings from Game of Thrones/House of Dragons. It was almost three in the AM but I was determined to read a little something on all of them. Also I'm pretty sure I read all the spoilers for House of Dragon-but it's OK because I am always still so excited for the next episode drop. I might watch the last episode again after I'm done with this post. 

I was looking through my soaps and realized I was running low- I always keep a stock. I'm not sure why, I just really like buying them and I do use them all up so I don't really feel like I'm wasting money or buying things just for the sake of buying them. 

Some of these I just bought- others have been in the collection for a month or two already. Here's what I got: 


Buttah Body Black Gold Polishing Bar and Oatmeal Shea Cleansing Bar- I bought these from Nordstrom's. They are a black owned brand (yay!)  come in a two pack. They were on sale. They smell so good, almost like something you want to eat but in a good way. I can't wait to open these up and use them. I also want to try more from the brand- I have heard good things about the skin care.

Jo Malone Red Roses soap- I haven't tried a lot from Jo Malone but what I've tried I have enjoyed. I want to try all the scents- but I have especially been craving something rose scented. This smells like a real rose, it's amazing. I haven't opened it though so I want to see what it's like in the shower. I also want to pick up the candle but because the price is so high I have to pace myself. Love the way these are packaged though..all fancy and in a box with a ribbon. 

Claus Porto Voga Soap- This is a Portuguese brand that I have wanted to try out for awhile. I saw this on Amazon and wanted to use a gift card I had so into the cart it went. I guess it's supposed to be Acacia Tuberose. I'm very excited to try this one! The packaging is beautiful.


 L'occitane Shea Lavender and Shea Verbena Soap- I like the L'occitane brand and I have wanted to try the Lavender version for awhile. I'm not sure about the Verbena scent though- I haven't tried anything Verbena scented that I have liked so we will see. I did really enjoy the Extra Rich Shea Milk Soap.

Korres Pure Greek Olive Blossom Soap- I've never tried anything from Korres and I have always like Olive oil soaps....it has a very clean smell. Maybe I'll do a best list of for  pure Olive Oil soaps. This one is from Greece. 


Last up Maja soap from Spain. Really did cover a couple different countries with this haul. I had a mini of this soap- no scent-   but this is the larger size. The packaging on this is so pretty and it smells amazing. I don't think I have ever smelled anything like it. I bought most of these off Amazon.de and they have a surprising amount of variety- I only order things stocked and shipped from Amazon. I don't trust 3rd party sellers.


It will probably take me forever to get through these and get the reviews up but I'm gonna get it done! I also want to get my hands on some more Lush Shower gels but I need to use up 1-2 of these first. 

What's the most interesting soap you have tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment