Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Cheesy Chicken Burritos and Blueberry Muffins

 I'm so glad tomorrow is a holiday and I'm off tomorrow. I'm definitely planning to catch up on my sleep because I couldn't' sleep at all last night. Probably because of the tea I drank. I almost want to grab another cup so I can at least get through a movie or something tonight....

Anyway, this is what I made this week. 




Cheesy Chicken Burritos- I can't believe I have never made a burrito before. And I almost didn't this time because I was just going to make them into quesadillas. At the last minute I changed my mind though and just went ahead and rolled them up. I think I thought it wouldn't work because I had bought 8 inch tortillas. I did change a few things- I didn't boil the chicken. I just cut it into pieces and pan.  I used Rotel with the spicy peppers. I used milk and flour with chicken stock to substitute the cream of chicken because I never use those cans- too much sodium. And I just used cheddar cheese. I froze half of them...and ate the other half already. I plan on making some variations of these again because I really need to stock up my freezer with easy to heat and serve things to keep myself from grabbing junk sometimes. Love them and highly recommend making them! 

Then I made Mrs. Weasley's Blueberry Muffins. Mmmmm blueberries. These are really good...not really like a muffin though. They are too sweet and all white flour. More like a blueberry cake. I kinda wished that I made it into a blueberry loaf. It was very good and the lemon zest really complimented the flavors. I did use cupcake liners- which I should have just greased each cup because they did make the liners super soggy. Really nice flavor though! I also froze half of these. I wouldn't recommend overfilling the liners per the recipe- they didn't rise and just flattened out so they weren't the prettiest. They were also bursting with blueberries. Two cups is pretty generous. 

And that's all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment