Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Danessa Myricks Love is Love Palette First Impressions



 I finished one palette and was about to lose my mind trying to order something to replace it. The last few times I finished a palette I went and bought a few palettes to replace it. I am trying not to do that this time...but I was so close to ordering the Coy palette by Viseart. I had wanted it awhile ago when they said something about the pigments being hard to find etc. The shipping cost is what snapped me out of it. And I'm glad because I don't need that palette...at least not now. I am going to hold out until December. Then I might get another palette, if Coy is still in stock it might be that one.

In the meantime, my Love is Love palette is here and I LOVE IT! It's supposed to be for pride month- so it's LGBTQ+ inspired. I like it, I know a few brands put out some nice collections for pride month. I had been wanting something from Danessa for awhile so I'm so glad I was browsing the site and came across this. I have always wanted to try some multi-chrome shadow and just never got around to buying them. 

The only criticism I have is that I wish the multi-chrome pan was bigger- you don't really get a lot of product in this palette. And I could have done without the purple and the black. But I haven't tried them so maybe when I really get into this palette I'll change my mind. 


The first thing I did when I got this palette was start swatching it. Then I held it up to the sunlight and these shades are just gorgeous. I don't have any shadows like it. I don't really have many new formula shadows- so most of mine are old and the glittery shades usually just fall right off the eye. Not so with these. The shimmer and glimmer stays. They are firmly pressed in the pan too, which is surprising because so many of the new shadows  have a loose formula. 

I also like that they stay ALL DAY. I have only worn it once but I came home after work and my shadow is just as shimmery as when I put it on. I am impressed. 

So here are some swatches.....




Ally looks like a silvery diamond glitter bomb. It is beautiful in the sun. I can't wait to play with it and see if it can later over other shadows.

Embrace- A deep purple. I'm not very excited about this shade- I have a lot of purples and I love purple but...Idk. Maybe I'll change my mind though. 

Truth- Truth is also a beautiful glittery, shimmery gorgeous shade. I don't know how I am going to wear it but I will definitely have fun with it. 

Limitless- Just a black. I have a lot of black shades in my collection so I'm not particularly excited for it...but maybe it will really compliment the palette or make a great liner. I'll come back and update once I have an opinion on it. 

The two high-light shades are on the bottom and rival the multi-chromes for my favorite. As an inner corner high-light? AMAZING.

Freedom-  I have Roadstripe from Urban Decay that I have loved for years and try not to use it because I love it that much. This is a billion times prettier than that shade. So sparkly and the blue shift....I'm so glad the pan on this is bigger than the other four shades. I might give it a go as a cheek highlighter. Why not? 

Worthy- I think Worthy will be a nice highlight on my skintone.  I think it's warmer compared to the Freedom shade. Also makes a bomb inner corner highlight. So beautiful. I wish she just sold these shades on their own. I want a back up---as well as huge pans! 





The last couple of shades are DREAM. 

D is the red/pink shade that shift to green. The first three colors do seems to shift to the same color. I kinda thought they would all shift different but the base color is different so it does make them different enough. 

R is red in the pan...but it does look orange at times. It also shifts to a green. I can't wait to wear it because I love red/ orange shadow.

E appears orange  in the pan..and orange in the swatch. It also shifts to a sort of green shade that's different than the shift of the first two.

A is green. It looks green and also shifts to a blue green. These type of colors tend to be unflattering on me- so I also can't wait to actually wear it.

And M is a blue that kinda shifts to green/purple. I find blue shadow is the hardest to wear so maybe I'll try this one next- just to see if I can make it work. 

I did try to capture the shift but it didn't want to be captured. These shades are gorgeous though and I can't wait to play more with them....I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite palettes of all time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment