Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Korres Black Sugar Eau De Toilette Review

I'm so sleep deprived right now, I really just want to go to sleep. I might just do that after I do a few things I really need to get done.  Partly it was because I have been staying up way too late. Sunday I was up watching the Bad Boys movies. I thought I didn't remember them but actually it definitely feels like I have watched them a billion times, they are pretty hilarious which I did not remember at all. Then I was up watching the new House of Dragons episode. I kinda want to watch it again...or just watch the series from the beginning. All of this and watching instagram reels until the wee hours of the morning has me exhausted.

But back to the perfume. I needed a new scent but I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I decided to shop Amazon. I bought this and another scent and I probably should have kept my money. I didn't really end up liking either of them.

Korres claims: 

Black Sugar by Korres is a Amber Vanilla fragrance for women and men. Black Sugar was launched in 2020. Top notes are Caramel, Heliotrope, Oriental notes and Lily; middle notes are Brown sugar, Brazilian Rosewood and Rose; base notes are Vanilla Bean, Tonka Bean and Amber.

A fragrance set for you that combines the magical attraction of sweet, black sugar with the gentle elegance of the Oriental Lily to the opulent-feminine fragrance Black Sugar. 

Floral, oriental, sweet

Top notes: caramel, heliotrope
Heart notes: rose, black sugar, Brazilian rosewood
Base notes: amber, vanilla beans, tonka bean, musk

Black sugar is more original than refined sugars and is considered an integral part of the Mediterranean way of life due to its richer, richer sweetness.

Made in Greece 

Korres is a new to me brand, it's a Greek brand that I have wanted to try for quite some time so I was happy to get my hands on this. Although I really should have gotten a different scent. I don't really like gourmand sweet perfumes but I forgot about that when I saw the name Black Sugar. Really any perfume with the name "black" just guarantees I will buy it. 

I'll start with the packaging. It's very nice and feels like quality. Comes in a nice box that details all the notes right on the front. If I had read the notes and not just the name, I probably wouldn't have picked it up.

It's a new scent- came out in 2020. It is nice to have a newer scent- especially since I have mostly been trying out the old classics and sometimes they just end up smelling very outdated.

The bottle is nice. Very heavy. Also quite unique.

As the for the scent- I don't like it. I will probably never use it out the house. It's been demoted to room spray. And I don't even like it that way. It's very sweet and sugary and has a caramel note that is very familiar to me from another perfume I reviewed awhile back. It reminds me of Escada Desire Me which I think is discontinued. So very sweet and sugary- not very prominent on Vanilla which is supposed to be the top note. And then there is a the scent of something like you would have in products targeted to babies. Most other reviews of the scent say that's it's "soapy" and I do get that part of the scent- but the sweetness overpowers that for me.   

It's not my type of scent. I wouldn't buy it again but I would definitely try some of their other scents- the florals do sound very appealing. 

It will remain an overpriced room spray for me until I use it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment