Sunday, July 7, 2024

Buttah Body Black Gold Charcoal Detox Bar Soap Review

 

I'm getting into all of the Sunday things- getting some meal prep done because I am really trying to avoid most junk food-and I know the next couple weeks are going to be hectic for me. I think I have done all I wanted to get done today...so figured I would go ahead and get a blog post done. Today..Buttah Skin. A brand that I have wanted to try and so I started with the soaps. Didn't hurt that they were on sale.

Buttah claims:

Our complexion evening Black Gold Polishing Bars (2-Pack) are exactly what your skin and self-care routine has been craving. Our bar soap incorporates a blend of African Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, and Activated Charcoal to even your complexion from head-to-toe. This moisturizing body bar is packed with nourishing ingredients like Vitamin C, and Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), to leave your skin glowing, smooth, and baby soft. 

I've used many charcoal soaps...the main thing I like about them is that they color the soap black. Charcoal is supposed to deep clean and draw out impurities so it's the perfect addition to soaps. 



I'll start with the scent- which is amazing. At least outside of the shower. I don't know what it smells like or how to describe it except it's smell edible but not in a cloying food way. Once you get it wet, it smells completely different- kinda like a mellow orange citrus scent. Very mellow. I like the scent outside the shower more but it is a nice scent. Just probably not something I will remember once I have used up both bars.

The texture of the bar is different- very smooth. I don't think I have felt another soap quite like it. It doesn't melt quickly- except that it doesn't lather much or keep lather so I tend to use a ton which does make it use up quicker. So it's not a rich, thick bubbly lather.  It's more creamy and you tend to have to  keep topping up the washcloth to get it going. 

I think that's why it's not as drying as other soaps. In fact, it's not drying at all. 

I love that it comes with 2 bars- even though the bars aren't very large. I also really like that they print an expiration date on the soaps themselves. I think every brand should have prominent expiration dates.

The ingredients are ok. I do love that it uses some ingredients that are popular in skincare such as niacin amide. You never see that in bar soaps. It's a good one to try on the face and with two bars you can use one as a facial bar and the other for your body.  

 Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sorbitol, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Oleate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Garcinia Indica Seed Butter, Fragrance/Parfum, Charcoal Powder, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Hexamethylindanopyran, Niacinamide, Ascorbic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Benzyl Salicylate, Cetyl Stearate, Ethyl Vanillin, Vanillin, Cetyl Alcohol, Isostearyl Isostearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Benzyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid.

Overall, it's Ok. I don't think I would go out of my way to buy it again but I will enjoy using up the rest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment