Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Kneipp Repair and Prevent Melissa and Chamomile Lip Balm Review


 I've just finished Dance Session number three...one more to go! I have been doing little 25 minute sessions.....makes it easier to get done rather than wearing myself out with one go. And in the meantime, here we have post number two.

Kneipp claims:

100% natural lip care with valuable extracts of chamomile and lemon balm for highly stressed lips. Intensive care and repair of dry and brittle lips with immediate effect. Protects against drying out again with regular use.

** The formula with proven depot effect provides the lips long-lasting and intensive care.

Unbelievable but true: Our sustainable cap is made of Paper Blend, an innovative, paper-like material made of natural raw materials.

Now even more sustainable packaging: The carton of the folding box consists of at least 35% of the fibers of the Silphie plant. Thanks to their regional cultivation, long transport routes and thus large amounts of CO2 can be saved. We deliberately refrain from bleaching, so the material retains its natural color. Silphie is an annually renewable raw material of our regional ecosystem, serves as a food source for bees and other insects and thus promotes the preservation of biodiversity.

Made in Germany 




I really like the Kneipp brand. I was in need of a lip balm and also needed to make the order minimum on some stuff I was buying so I added this to my order. They have some amazing bath oils and bubble baths so I really want to try more of the brand.

I really like this lip balm. It has great ingredients- it feels very much like beeswax..but I can't find it in the ingredients. I love a beeswax balm. They are just the best at smoothing and sealing in the moisture. I don't know how they made this feel like it has a wax and yet no wax. 

So it does hydrate, it does smooth and it doesn't dry out my skin. It smells nice and natural, I don't know how else to describe the scent except to say that I really like it. It's not very noticeable most of the time and it doesn't smell artificial or anything. 

I love almost everything about this balm- except the packing. I could not figure out the packaging and so I broke it, broke some of the plastic off..and now the lid does not stay on and it doesn't twist up. Also I smushed some of the balm into the top. I can't travel with it at all and when it fall over the lid falls off every single time.  I don't know if it's just me or I bought one with bad packaging...but I love the lip balm and hate the packaging. 

The ingredients are top. I have no complaints whatsoever about the ingredients. 

Ingredients: 

Rhus Verniciflua Peel Cera, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**, Candelilla Cera, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil Expressed, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopherol. **from controlled organic cultivation

Overall, great product- terrible packaging. I would still buy more of the lip balms because I like the product inside so much..and they have a ton to choose from! 

No comments:

Post a Comment