Tuesday, July 2, 2024

OPI Skyfall Nail Polish Review

 I'm in the middle of trying to torch some calories by playing my dancing games and figured I would break it up with some blog posts. I think I'm gonna do about three. Maybe. Hopefully...

I want to review some old blushes and the nail polishes in my collection.  I tend to start and stop these reviews...and right now I think I am gonna pick them back up. I haven't painted my nails...basically all year. I lost my base coat in the move and didn't want to open a new one so I just stopped painting. I recently found it so...we are back. I painted my nails today using OPI Skyfall. 

This one was from the James Bond Collection. Adele made the theme song....which fits in perfectly with the rest of the James Bond theme songs. Nailed it! 


I've never seen the movie- I had started and stopped it multiple times and just could not get into it. But I was so excited when I got this kit for Christmas years and years ago.  It came with a gold color and some gold foil that I have never used and now have no idea where it is. I just couldn't figure out how to use it.

But on to the color- it's a nice brown burgundy shade. I love the shade- but I never love these type of colors on myself. I just find these shades a little boring on my skin tone. So I do like it, but I won't be sad when I finally use it up and go looking for dupes. I do think this color most fits fall but I like to rotate my colors and where anything at any time. I do have it on my fingers and as a pedi color on. And I find it's just OK as a pedi color. 

As for quality, it has nice pigmentation. Two coats is all you need. I find OPI to wear just OK for me. I think other brands like Essie wear better for me but a good top and base coats can extend the wear. I really only ask three days of no chips from my nail polish and this can deliver. 

Pretty color even if a little boring. Ignore the paint job- I am out of practice and used to be much better at doing my nails. I should get better again as I keep painting...


No comments:

Post a Comment