Sunday, June 30, 2024

Neom Perfect Night's Sleep Magnesium Body Butter Review

 Lately I've been watching food challenges on youtube where people do extreme budgeting for their groceries. Eating for $10.00 a week, $100 a month, $20 a week etc. It seems like a pretty cool challenge, but I'm not sure I could do it. I definitely will splurge on groceries, I think I spend anywhere from $60-80 a week. Maybe more if I am buying a specialty item. And I like specialty stuff so sometimes that puts me way over. I do wish that grocery prices would go down though, They are still super high and I think it's mainly because grocery stores (mainly US) rose the prices simply because they can! 

Neom claims:

Super floral and blended with the magical wonder mineral that is magnesium, these dreamy Body Butters not only nourish and soften the skin but they're also packed with our signature sleepy scent too.

With super floral lavender, chamomile and patchouli, these essential oils all help you to prepare for the Perfect Night's Sleep. Combined with a blend of shea butter, aloe vera, grapeseed oil and coconut oil, they're also the ultimate treat for the skin.

Smells like freshly cut lavender - tranquil and mind-melting. - Alice du Parcq, fragrance expert

  • Our Body Butters contain 88mg of magnesium per 5ml of product. Massage the equivalent of a heaped tablespoon all over your body and breathe in the relaxing aroma.
  • 88% felt they had the best night's sleep after using the Perfect Night's Sleep Magnesium Body Butter*
  • 100% natural fragrances / 200ml (6.76 fl oz)

*External Blind Consumer Study on 54 people over 7 days

I actually bought this as a gift for my Dad but he said it makes his skin itchy so he gave it back to me. I have a hard time falling asleep so I figured it can't hurt to try. Mostly I find eating cherries to help me the most- I tend to fall asleep faster when I snack on a bowl of frozen or fresh cherries right before I go to sleep. But I don't sleep as long. 

I had a candle from them awhile that smelled great although the throw could have been better. Not so with the body butter- this stuff is very strongly scented. There is nothing artificial about the scent- it smells like they use the strongest essential oils ever. The main oils are English Lavender, Sweet Basil, and Jasmine. I definitely get some patchouli, a lot of Lavender, maybe some basil (which is definitely a very relaxing oil), and no Jasmine. I don't get Jasmine scent at all which is kind of disappointing. But it does smell really nice and using it really scents the room and make it smell amazing. 

It does definitely calm me down and make me feel sleepy. I don't feel like I necessarily fall asleep that much faster. It may take me an hour less time to fall asleep and as with anything else- I tend to take hours to actually fall asleep, I don't sleep longer. I seem to sleep a lot less than I want...I'm not sure maybe the quality of sleep is higher so I need less of it?

It is definitely a butter- so it's not one of those light lotions that you put on and then wonder where it went- it feels like it's actually softening and moisturizing. Could be considered greasy by some but it's my type of moisturizer. By the time I wake up  it's completely sunk it and my skin still feels hydrated. 

This is an older bottle- they have changed the main oils on the cover but I think it might be the same thing? Maybe I'll get a tube of the hand cream to see. 

I'm happy with the ingredients- I do like that the first ingredient is Aloe instead of water. I am seeing more high end formulas that are made that way. 

Ingredients:

NGREDIENTS : Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Juice, Aqua, Magnesium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Pentylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Parfum*, Cetearyl Olivate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Olivate, Linalool, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral. *Made with 100% natural essential oils including English lavender, sweet basil & jasmine. Made with 59% organic ingredients.


Overall, I like it. It is expensive....and you could probably make a sleep blend and DIY something similar enough. But I do like it. It makes for a good night time routine. I have been sniffing it as I am writing this post and yawning. I might need to go grab some black tea to wake me back up because I definitely can't nap at the moment. 

Off to make some blueberry muffins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment