Friday, June 28, 2024

Hearty Meatball Soup and Buttermilk Waffles

 I am trying to decide if I want to get one last workout in for the day...I think I have just one more in me before I go into relax mode after this post. Maybe just a really short one. 

In the meantime...this is what I made this week.


Heart Meatball Soup- I really liked this. It made the perfect thing to reheat and take for lunch and kept me from eating junk at lunch this week -which is a win. I have been so bad lately but I am trying to get it together. So these coming weeks I am really going to focus on making sure I am making something easy to reheat and take to work so I can stop straying from junk. But this was really good. I just did Beef Meatballs because I had ground beef in the freezer....If you like tomato soup type foods you would like this! 


Then I made Buttermilk Waffles. I don't make waffles nearly as often as I should since I did buy a whole waffle maker.  I thought I would start with the recipes in the book that came with the waffle iron. I've never made Buttermilk Waffles..and this recipe was a little different in that it uses polenta which gives it some texture. It was ok. I didn't dress them up or anything. I have a waffle recipe I like more so I don't think I would make these again...but glad I tried them. I probably shoulda added some blueberries!


No comments:

Post a Comment