Friday, September 27, 2024

Boy Smells Purple Kush Candle Review

 I'm on Season 4 of True Blood- and really just realizing how much I have seen the first two seasons...and never watch any of the rest of it. I forgot how charming Eric was to Sookie (Snookie 😂) in the beginning of the Season. No wonder she fell for him. I personally always thought she should have ended up with Eric- Bill was a big ol' NO and random off screen whoever was the most disappointing thing about the finale.

But anyway- today I have a candle review. New brand to me- Boy Smells. I've heard a lot about this brand- most of it wasn't that great. A lot of people said the candles don't have much throw.  I decided to try anyway and glad to report that was wrong! At least for this candle.

Boy Smells claims:

What it is: An intoxicating Nordstrom-exclusive candle poured into a black glass votive and fitted with a braided cotton wick.

Fragrance story: This modern candle is made from a rich blend of coconut wax and beeswax. Infused with the green, bright notes of cannabis and brushed suede, it has subtle floral hints of tulip, purple cassis and lilac. White musk and amber accord ground the fragrance.

Notes: Cannabis, brushed suede, tulip, purple cassis, lilac, white musk, amber accord.

  • 2 1/2"H
  • 3 oz.
  • 18-hour approximate burn time
  • Paraben- and phthalate-free
  • Coconut wax/beeswax/cotton wick/glass tumbler
  • Made in the USA
  • Asian Owned/Founded

Purple Kush is an interesting name. I really had no idea what to expect- even with the scent notes. Especially with notes of cannabis and brushed suede. Cannabis is a popular scent for a candle these days- many, many brands have scents inspired by it. I don't think this candle smells anything like cannabis. It's more of a mature, floral type scent. Some of the notes seem like it would be a dark night time scent- the other named notes are bright, happy florals. Then you have musk and amber. It kinda reminds me of a Byredo Mojave Ghost type scent- it's the violet, I think. Most of the reviews say it reminds them of a grandma or an old lady and I get that. I don't love it...but I don't dislike it either. I agree with description- it's very intoxicating.

It also has really strong pear notes in my opinion but doesn't really smell fruity. 

It is a tiny candle- only three ounces. But it seems to be lasting quite a long time. It's a coconut and beeswax blend. I love coconut wax candles and I think the beeswax makes it burn slower. It burns cleanly too. No soot. And also very evenly but then again there isn't a lot of surface area. 

The throw is surprisingly good. It fills a whole large room and could probably scent an even bigger room. It didn't have much scent the first 1-2 times but every lighting after that has given a great throw. 

I like the packaging, I love the purple label....and I think the quality is there. I probably wouldn't purchase this particular candle again. I would  try other scents.....

No comments:

Post a Comment